2019 Summer Reading
- Helps you develop empathy, or the ability to understand people's feelings.
- Develops your skills. Learn to build, cook, play an instrument, repair machines, the list goes on....
- Sparks your interest in science, history or other topics.
- Teaches you about other cities, states, countries and planets.
Reading makes you a more interesting person!
1.Set a reading goal for summer so you have something to work towards
2. Get a copy of the Google doc “WMS Reading Log” so you can keep track of your reading
4. Choose some book titles you may want to read:
At the beginning of school year:
Literacy teachers will be collecting the list of books that the students read. They can:
- hand in the printed reading log from school
- share or print the Google Doc WMS Reading Log (copy below that can be printed or copied)
- Write the list of books on a sheet of lined paper
The students will be discussing their summer reading with their literacy classes and participating in some class activities during the first few days of school.