New To BISD
The BISD Technology Department welcomes you to Brenham ISD. Congratulations on your new job!
Please visit the "About Us" tab above to meet the Instructional Technology Specialists and Computer Technicians for your campus. The "Home" tab has all of our staff members and contact information. We encourage you to explore all of the tabs on this site and return often for training documents and videos, as well as policy information. Below is important information regarding New Hire Procedures.
Acceptable Use Policy (AUP) Procedures
Complete the steps below in order to receive computer and applications access necessary to perform your new job duties. Your account will only be created after a signed Acceptable Use Policy (AUP) has been received by the BISD Technology Department.
STEP 1: Go to the "Video Library" tab under Resources above and watch the BISD Acceptable Use Policy video. It is only a few minutes and is imperative you know and abide by this information.
STEP 2: Click here to complete your AUP electronic form if you have not already done so. When you have printed (do this BEFORE you submit!) and then submitted the electronic form, it is immediately received by both the HR and Technology Departments.
STEP 3: The printed, signed copy of your electronic AUP form must be sent or taken to either the HR Dept who will forward it to Technology, or you can bring it directly to Technology located in the Washington County Tax Appraisal District building, at 1301 Niebuhr St. next to the Brenham Junior High School.
Eduphoria Helpdesk Procedures
- You will see a reference to the Eduphoria Helpdesk on the "About Us" tab. This HelpDesk is the official way you contact us for any technical support you need whether it be for personal training or assistance with a computer, application, or phone problem.
- To reach the Helpdesk, you must logon to Eduphoria and select Helpdesk to complete a support request ticket.
- When you complete a Helpdesk ticket, it is received immediately by your campus IT specialist. If your specialist cannot fix your issue, they forward it to the responsible person at the Technology Department.
- Because we serve over 800 staff personnel and manage over 2000 technology devices, there may be a short delay before you hear back from us, but rest assured we are aware and will respond to your request as soon as possible.
- Telephone calls are accepted if you have no computer access to submit a Helpdesk request. Please contact your campus IT specialist or technician if possible before you call the Technology department. If they cannot be located, please call 277-3760 or you can dial extension 2248 from a school phone.
- If you have trouble getting started, you may call the Technology Department at (979) 277-3760 or contact your campus IT Specialist.
- We know you are anxious to receive your district-issued equipment, but please be patient. In many cases, your computer may be in the process of being serviced and/or customized for you.
- We also know you are anxious to access your student information in Gradebook. However, we typically wait as long as possible to roll-over data for the coming school year due to scheduling requirements. Therefore, you will likely not see your scheduled classes populated with student data until the 2nd week in August.