Millennium High School International Baccalaureate Program
The May 2022 IB Examination schedule is now available. Click on the IB Calendar for more information.
The IB has announced amendments to the May 2022 examinations in all subjects. The Amendments document is available on the IB Calendar page. See your teacher or ask Mrs. King or Mrs. Winfield for details.
Millennium High School is proud to have been an authorized IB World School since 2009!
The IB is more than its educational programmes and certificates. At our heart we are motivated by a mission to create a better world through education.
We promote intercultural understanding and respect, not as an alternative to a sense of cultural and national identity, but as an essential part of life in the 21st century.
All of this is captured in our mission statement.
The International Baccalaureate aims to develop inquiring, knowledgeable and caring young people who help to create a better and more peaceful world through intercultural understanding and respect.
To this end the organization works with schools, governments and international organizations to develop challenging programmes of international education and rigorous assessment.
These programmes encourage students across the world to become active, compassionate and lifelong learners who understand that other people, with their differences, can also be right.
For more information: consult www.ibo.org
The IB Diploma Programme at Millennium provides a challenging, two-year curriculum during the Junior and Senior years that leads to a qualification that is widely recognized by the world's leading universities.The Diploma Programme prepares students for university and beyond by encouraging them to:
• develop physically, intellectually, emotionally and ethically
• acquire breadth and depth of knowledge and understanding, studying courses from 6 subject groups
• develop the skills and a positive attitude toward learning that will prepare them for higher education
• study at least two languages and increase understanding of cultures, including their own
• make connections across traditional academic disciplines and explore the nature of knowledge through the programme’s unique theory of knowledge course
• undertake in-depth research into an area of interest through the lens of one or more academic disciplines in the extended essay
• enhance their personal and interpersonal development through creativity, action and service