Building a Future for 2nd Warwick Sea Scouts
We have exciting plans for the future!
Our aim is to continue to be one of the best Royal Navy Recognised Groups in the country, offering the best scouting experience to more local youngsters, whilst supporting our local community.
To do this we need a new larger meeting place to allow us to open up a new Beaver and Cub pack and expand our Scouts and Explorers. A new HQ will build our future by:
- Providing a larger meeting place for and allow us to open new Beaver and Cub packs
- Increasing the number of youngsters who can join in, whilst providing the best possible scouting experience
- Providing a new community resource in a central, strategic location in Warwick
- Guaranteeing the future of the only local Sea Scout Group in Warwick and one of the best in the country
- Providing for youngsters with disabilities
We have secured planning for a 3 phase project as follows:
Phase 1: Renovate/extend our jetties (£100k) and build a new boatyard (£20k) - during 2018
Phase 2: Build a new HQ Building next to the St Nicholas Leisure Centre in Warwick. Target 2019
Phase 3: Renovate our current hut into a riverside boathouse.
The new HQ facility will have one large main hall, a training room, boat maintenance room, equipment storage, toilets, changing rooms, kitchen and access to suit anybody with physical disabilities.
So far, we have raised over £170k from our own fundraising, local companies and trusts but need to urgently raise more money in 2018. We need ...
- £30k by March 18 - to build our jetties
- £20k by June 18 - to build our boatyard
- £150k by Sept 18 - to act as seed funding for large grants
- £400k balance of funds to complete the building of our new HQ
CAN YOU HELP US RAISE £200k in 2018?
To achieve our vision, we need to raise £650k to build a new HQ for the future.
We have already secured over £170k but need to raise another £200k in 2018.
By everyone joining together and making a contribution they can afford, you can see how we can raise £200k.
Please choose the contribution you, your company or trust can make to help us ‘Build a Future’.
Sponsor a name on the `funders` board £5,000
Sponsor the Main Activity Hall £75,000
Scout Hut Named after Donor £250,000
Remember Gift aid can increase the value of any personal donation by 25%
Higher rate tax payers can get tax relief on donations.
For £1,000 donation it would only cost a basic rate tax-payer £800, with tax-relief a 40% take payer net cost would only be £600.
For more information or to donate on-line see below:
For major donations please see our gift aid declaration below or contact us for bank details and more information on email@example.com