Z-East & Z-West Campus Announcements
- EAST NHS HOMEWORK & STUDY HELP:
- TUTORING OFFERED AT ZWHS:
- Z-BUX STORE: The ZBUX store will be open during advisory at both schools. Bring all your ZBUX and get some great stuff.
NOTES FROM THE COUNSELING OFFICE
- ZHS Summer School information is now available to students who have failed class(es) required for graduation and would like to participate in our summer program. Here is the registration information. Please contact your counselor if you have any questions.
- Newsletters for the month of June are now posted to our website. The 9th grade newsletters gives an overview of Careerline Tech Center programs. The 10th grade newsletter provides information on different post-secondary training opportunities, including skilled trades and college. The 11th grade newsletter discusses SAT retakes, college admission terms, and the college application process. Check them out!
- Juniors: For those with intentions to attend college, summer is a great time to start working on college applications. They will need to be submitted by mid-late October. This month's newsletter provides some great insight into the process. All college applications must be accompanied by an official transcript (record of high school classes, grades, attendance, etc.). Students must use Parchment (online transcript service) to send transcripts. Please refer to the instructions on our website for setting up an account and requesting transcripts.
- There is still space available in the 9th grade PE/Health summer class for students who haven't yet fulfilled this graduation requirement and would like to do it in the summer. Cost is $150 and registration is first-come, first-served. Here is the registration form.
- Feel free to "like" the "Zeeland High School Counseling Office" on Facebook to stay up-to-date with important information, reminders, and deadlines.
CAMPUS WELLNESS, OUR MENTAL HEALTH & be nice.
be nice. Leadership Team: If you are interested in making a difference and further connecting with our be nice. leadership team please contact one of our members or Mr. Kamstra at firstname.lastname@example.org
Support: If you or someone you know is struggling with their mental health, please complete THIS FORM. This form is a confidential way to report mental health concerns and other related situations to school staff during the school day. A school staff member will be in contact with you to get further information.
If you are not in school and you have an emergency situation, please call 911.
Prevention resources for yourself or others:
- Crisis Text Line — Text “HOME” to 741741
- Suicide Prevention Online Chat — https://suicidepreventionlifeline.org/chat/
- Suicide Prevention Lifeline — Call 1-800-273-8255
- If you need immediate help or you are concerned for someone's safety, Call 911.
Please know we are here for you! We want to support you, your family and your friends.
No one needs to go it alone, please ask for help if in need and accept help if offered.
- ZEELAND WEST EQUESTRIAN: Anyone interested in participating in the West equestrian team this fall, please contact Elisa Machiele (616.298.5039).