Applicant Qualification Criteria for Leasing from GrandView Real Estate, Inc.
Before completing an application, please review our list of criteria below. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us anytime.
1. A completed and signed application from all proposed occupants over the age of 18 must be submitted. ALL LINES MUST BE FILLED IN. Incorrect or misinformation will disqualify you as a prospective renter.
2. A $25.00 screening fee in cash, cashier’s check or money order for the purpose of running credit and eviction reports is required with each application.
3. You must provide photo I.D. We require a photo I.D. (Driver’s license or State Issued ID card) and Social Security card. (Note: Military cards are not accepted.)
4. You must have a credit report that demonstrates a willingness to pay financial obligations in a timely fashion.
5. You must have no records of eviction.
6. We require favorable responses from references and previous landlords.
7. Employment History and Sufficient Income: We require monthly income of 2.5 times the amount of your monthly rent per applicant. Income must be verifiable through pay stubs, employer contact, or tax records. All other income, including self employment must be verified through tax records.
8. Rental History must be verifiable from unbiased sources. If you’re related by blood or marriage to one of the previous landlords listed, or your rental history does not include at least two previous landlords, your application may be declined, or we may require a qualified co-signer on your rental agreement. Qualified co-signers must meet all screening criteria, including income of 3 times the amount of rent.
9. You will be denied if you have a conviction for any type crime that would be considered a threat to real property or the ability of other residents to peacefully enjoy the premises.
10. An up-front payment of approximately 1.5X month’s rent (2X month's rent if you have a pet, excluding certified service animals) as a security deposit is required by cashier’s check or money order when signing a rental contract.
11. We will accept the first qualified applicant.
12. Please note that all of our properties are smoke-free. If you rent a house, condo or apartment you must smoke outdoors at least 25 feet away from the property.
Please include the following five (5) items with your lease application
1. $25 application fee for all applicants.
2. Two months complete bank statements.
3. Proof of Income: Current pay-stubs or an official letter from your employer on company letterhead should be attached to the application. For self employed, 1099 applicants, your last two years of tax returns are required.
4. Picture I.D. (Driver's license, Green Card or Passport) and social security card.
5. (If applicable) Picture of pet (Please indicate breed and weight as well), copy of pet's shot record showing all vaccinations are current, and recent license. Written certification from pet owner stating no history of biting or aggressive behavior.