Student-Led Conferences and ePortfolios
Students create ePortfolios to showcase their journey from one year to another. There are many ways to create an ePortfolio. Google Sites was chosen for it's ability to enable students to incorporate digital storytelling and digital publishing. Our ultimate goal is for students to create a life portfolio that carries-on with them. This timeless story would show learning and passion over a course of time. Students use Google Sites along with various tools to take ownership of their learning and strive for academic confidence as they build their ePortfolio. Google Sites provides an avenue for students to archive their learning from year to year. Students, parents, and teachers alike have the ability to watch a child's growth over time. Using the same tool K-12 keeps things consistent for teachers and students. We are all speaking the same language in my district. Google is a product that is known both in the educational world and the "real" world. Additionally, students (and their parents) appreciate the ability to transfer their ePortfolios to a personal account once students graduate from high school.
You may contact me on Twitter @AlbertsonsClass or via email firstname.lastname@example.org. I am happy to share any resources as well as answer any questions. I would also like to hear how you have implemented ePortfolios and/or student-led conferences.
- Students articulate and set personal learning goals, develop strategies leveraging technology to achieve them and reflect on the learning process itself to improve learning outcomes.
- Students cultivate and manage their digital identity and reputation and are aware of the permanence of their actions in the digital world.
- Students curate information from digital resources using a variety of tools and methods to create collections of artifacts that demonstrate meaningful connections or conclusions.
- Students publish or present content that customizes the message and medium for their intended audiences.
- Set professional learning goals to explore and apply pedagogical approaches made possible by technology and reflect on their effectiveness.
- Model for colleagues the identification, exploration, evaluation, curation and adoption of new digital resources and tools for learning.
- Contribute to the development, communication and implementation of a shared vision for the comprehensive use of technology to support a digital age education for all students.
For Education Leaders:
Equity and Citizenship Advocate
- Ensure all students have skilled teachers who actively use technology to meet student learning needs.
- Engage education stakeholders in developing and adopting a shared vision for using technology to improve student success, informed by the learning sciences.
ISTE Standards for Students: https://www.iste.org/standards/for-students
ISTE Standards for Educators: https://www.iste.org/standards/for-educators
ISTE Standards for Coaches: https://www.iste.org/standards/for-coaches
ISTE Standards for Education Leaders: https://www.iste.org/standards/for-education-leaders