Mr.Ziegler and Mr. Fadini are the Co-Advisors of the WRMS Sports Club. The club meets in the gym from 7:35-8:05 every Wednesday and Friday from October to April. Some of the sports you will be participating include: basketball, handball, indoor soccer, modified kickball, and volleyball.
Basic rules and instruction will be given and most days will consist of playing games against your classmates. 6th and 7th grade boys and girls are welcome. In order to participate in Sports Club, you must submit a signed Permission Slip to Mr. Ziegler or Mr. Fadini, an Athletic Permit form, and Health History Update form to Mrs. Penn.
Below are a few important pieces of information that you need to be aware of as an ACTIVE participant of the Sports Club Program.
- Appropriate attire must be worn at all times:
- Proper footwear (sneakers, etc.) is REQUIRED. Students may not wear shoes, boots, or any other type of footwear due to safety regulations.
- Athletes without the necessary appropriate attire will not be allowed to participate. Any student who has difficulty getting these materials should speak to Mr. Fadini and or Mr. Ziegler.
- Weather/Scheduling Conflicts
- If school is cancelled or there is a delayed opening due to inclement weather, any session scheduled that day will be cancelled.
- Also there may be some scheduling conflicts that arise. As a result, Sports Club may be cancelled so that other clubs or programs can use the gym. Notice will be given as soon as we become aware of any scheduling conflicts.
- Medical Clearance
- All athletes must sign and return the permission slip. (See link above to print.)
- All athletes must fill out a Health History Update to participate. (See link above to print.)
- All athletes must arrive to the school's designated meeting area (front entrance to the school) on-time (7:30 a.m.)
- All athletes must arrive by 7:30 a.m. Any athlete who typically takes the bus must arrange for a ride to school.
Any questions or concerns ATHLETES should speak directly to Mr. Fadini (room 11) or Mr. Ziegler (room 21).