Mrs. Att's Overview
Contact information: email@example.com
English 8 Honors
English I CP
Please visit your class's Information page and our Google classroom regularly for updates.
You can also visit our district website at www.wwrsd.org for additional information, including the district calendar.
Or, visit http://www.wwrsd.org/Domain/76 to go directly to the Junior/Senior High school page.
I look forward to getting to know each of you and working to help create a successful and productive experience in eighth & ninth grades at Westwood Junior/Senior High School.
Here's some information about me:
I began teaching in 1998 at New Hyde Park Junior/Senior High School, which is on Long Island. I am the product of a New York State (Long Island) education and attended a junior-senior high school, similar to Westwood. I have a Master's Degree in Secondary Education and English from Adelphi University and hold teaching licenses in both New York and New Jersey. This is my 21st year of teaching and my 16th year at Westwood.
I am a mom; my son is going in to 5th grade and my daughter is going in to 2nd grade. I also have two dogs, an Australian Shepherd named Flint and a Beagle named Stella.
In an effort to help you do the best you can in English class, I have created a list of supplies that will need as we proceed through the year.
- a three-ring binder (to be used for English only)
- a set of 5 tabs/dividers, to be labeled September -January; we will change these mid-year and label them Feb-June.
- looseleaf paper
- a set of highlighers (two or three different colors) and pens in a variety of colors (blue, black, red, green, purple---a couple of each if possible)
- a disposable tape dispenser
- a writing journal ---It can be a black & white marble kind or a spiral notebook, or something fancy if you prefer. You will be writing in this journal every other day so please make sure you have it with you. You may also want to keep your journal on your Google drive and type on the Chromebook when we do journal writing.
- an independent reading book ---You will always need to have another book in addition to the literature we are reading together as a class.
Looking forward to a great year!