Online Learning Support for Students & Families
Setting Students up for Success
Practice using your device to access learning:
Using a WVSD Chromebook?
Using your own computer or laptop?
Using an iPad, iPhone or Tablet?
Download Google Meet App for virtual class meetings
Log in with student's WVSD username and password (learning platforms & Google Meet) OR follow teacher directions to create an account (communication & Google Meet Apps)
Practice navigating the learning platform
Communicating with teachers:
Connect with teachers during scheduled, virtual office hours using Google Meet
Tips for Setting Students up for Success:
- Follow online learning schedule
- Set up a distraction-free work area
- Check in with students and teacher regularly regarding their progress on weekly lessons
- Trouble connecting online? Call into the class meetings using the call in information provided by the teacher
- Find weekly lessons, learning schedules, links to virtual class meetings, learning activities, and turn in assignments using these platforms
- Communicate with teachers and get class updates using these platforms
Live Virtual Class Meetings
- Connect during scheduled, live virtual class meetings and teacher virtual office hours using Google Meet
- Google account is required when using a computer
- Google account and App are required when using Tablet or Smart Phone