Windham Southeast Supervisory Union partners with qualified early education programs throughout the community to offer publicly-funded pre-kindergarten education to three-, four- and five-year olds not yet eligible for kindergarten. In the 2018-19 school year, we had partnership agreements with 17 preschools that meet Vermont’s Act 166 Universal Pre-K requirements.
To participate in a partnership with WSESU, preschools have a teacher licensed and endorsed in early childhood education or early childhood special education, are in the STARS program and have 4 or 5 STARS, align their curriculum with Vermont Early Learning Standards, and agree to do ongoing assessment of children’s learning and development using Teaching Strategies GOLD.
Children who attend a qualified WSESU Pre-kindergarten Partnership Program are considered students of WSESU and receive a tuition reduction in an amount that is adjusted annually for ten hours per week of preschool. For the 2018-19 school year, that amount is $3,356. Families assume responsibility for tuition in excess of ten hours per week.
Families must complete a registration form in order to receive the Act 166 public pre-k tuition reduction.
The registration form for the school year 2019-20 is embedded below.
Pending ongoing approval from the Agencies of Education and Human Services, the preschools listed below partner with WSESU towns to provide public pre-kindergarten education. Parents or guardians must contact the program directly to inquire about enrolling their child. For the 2019-20 school year, a child must be 3 by September 1, 2019.
- Brattleboro Centre for Children, 193 Main St. Brattleboro, 254-0300
- Early Education Services Head Start, 254-3742
- Hilltop Montessori School; 99 Stafford Farm Hill Rd., Brattleboro; 802-257-0500
- Horizon Early Learning; 16 Bradley Ave., Brattleboro; 257-1757
- Kids in the Country; 22 Holland Rd, East Dover; 348-7476
- Little Red House Early Learning Program; 185 Carriage Hill Rd., Brattleboro; 802-258-1802
- Melissa Carlstrom; 934 Route 121, N Westminster; 463-0094
- Mulberry Bush Independent School; Anna Marsh Lane, Brattleboro; 258-4350
- Neighborhood Schoolhouse; 231 Western Ave., Brattleboro; 802-257-5544
- Saxton’s River Montessori; 14 Westminister St, Saxtons River; (802) 869-3349
- The Garland School; 60 Croker Hall, Austine Drive, Brattleboro, VT; 802-258-9531
- The Grammar School; 69 Hickory Ridge Rd, Putney, VT; (802) 387-5364
- Timson Hill Preschool; 13 Timson Hill Rd., Williamsville, VT; 802-348-6319
- Townshend Elementary School Pre-K; 66 Common Rd, Townshend; (802) 365-7506
- Vernon Preschool; 567 Governor Hunt Rd., Vernon; 802-257-0292
- West Bee Nursery School; 880 Western Ave., Suite 2, Brattleboro; 802-257-7155
- Winston Prouty Early Learning Center; 20 Winston Prouty Way, Brattleboro; 802-257-7852