Sustaining the Research Enterprise: Diversifying Our Funding Portfolio
Friday, February 10, 2017
Brought to you by the UPRM R&D Center Proposal Development Unit
Location: Figueroa Chapel Amphitheater, UPRM Chardón Building
Time: All day event! Starting at 8:00 am.
Admission is free of charge. Register now!
The sixth annual PDU-hosted Research Symposium will be held on Friday, February 10th, 2017, in the Chardón building's Figueroa Chapel amphitheater at UPRM. The title of the event is Sustaining the Research Enterprise: Diversifying Our Funding Portfolio. Key representatives from public and private universities, foundations, and industry will be present, as well as your colleagues—faculty, researchers, educators, and grant administrators—representing institutions from across Puerto Rico.
This all-day conference is a must, especially for individuals interested in issues related to research sustainability and the pursuit of new funding sources. Attendees will also have the valuable opportunity to interact with speakers and gain valuable insight into funding strategies and opportunities.
- Anthony Boccanfuso - President, University Industry Demonstration Partnership (UIDP)
- William Schweri - Former Director of Federal Relations, University of Kentucky
- Luz Rodriguez - Senior Director, Youth INC & former Training Expert at Foundation Center
- David Gulley - Director, Technology Transfer Office; Puerto Rico Science, Technology & Research Trust
- Jacqueline Mullen - Vice-Chancellor of Sponsored Research & Programs & Certified Fundraising Executive, University of Turabo, SUAGM
- Federal Funding: Grants & Contracts
- Foundation Grants
- Fundraising & Donations
- Corporate/Industry Funding
- Technology Transfer in Puerto Rico
- University-Corporate Relations
- University Faculty as Service Providers
- The Researcher as Entrepreneur
- Non-traditional Funding Sources
Sponsored by NIH-BRAD Grant #G11HD060438