The Reeds Spring School District is currently partnered with Launch to serve the needs of our students and families to provide flexible and personalized learning options in a virtual platform. Launch, established by the Springfield Public School District, offers a variety of rigorous online courses currently available for students in grades 7-12. Launch is the preferred MOCAP provider for Reeds Spring School District.
Missouri Course Access and Virtual School Program (MOCAP) was established in 2007 as the state's online school. It was previously known as Missouri Virtual Instruction Program (MOVIP). MOCAP's mission is to offer Missouri students equal access to a wide range of high quality courses, and interactive online learning that is neither time nor place dependent.
Reeds Spring School District's enrollment in virtual courses closes on the 5th academic day of the fall and spring semesters. Enrollment for summer virtual courses closes at the end of the first academic day in the summer session. If you would like additional information regarding online courses please contact your building's counselor or principal.
When determining if enrollment in a virtual course is the best educational decision for a student, the student and parent might consider the following information.
Preferred Student Skills for Success in Virtual Courses:
- Student has demonstrated time-management skills that indicate the student is capable of submitting assignments and completing course requirements without reminders.
- Student has demonstrated persistence in overcoming obstacles and willingness to seek assistance when needed.
- Student has demonstrated verbal or written communication skills that would allow the student to succeed in an environment where the instructor may not provide nonverbal cues to support the student's understanding.
- Student has the necessary computer or technical skills to succeed in a virtual course.
- Student has access to technology resources to participate in a virtual course.
- Student previously has been successful with virtual coursework.