CALIFORNIA SCHOLARSHIP FEDERATION
PIONEER HIGH SCHOOL #1280
New and renewing members- you do need to submit a copy of your most recent semester report card, not a progress report.
Special Note- Choose only your 5 best Academic centered classes for your application. Remember most of your CSF points must come from courses that are designated A - F on the A- G scale.
The Pioneer Honor Society is a combined organization of California Scholarship Federation and National Honor Society members.
- Neither the CSF nor the NHS are the Pioneer Honor Roll ! - these organizations are service oriented clubs.
- Students may be in both the CSF and NHS or only one to be a member of the P.H.S.
- Each honor organization has their own unique membership requirements, deadlines and dues that individual students must complete for membership.
- Neither organization has automatic membership, being on the honor roll does not guarantee you a spot in the PHS.
- Being a member of the CJSF or NJHS in junior high does not automatically mean you are a member of CSF or NHS, they are completely separate organizations, you must academically prove yourself in high school first.
Special Note- If you receive any mail from the National Society of High School Scholars, it is NOT the same thing as National Honor Society. Pioneer High School neither recognizes or honors any aspect of the NSHSS for graduation, so joining it is done by your own choice. You will not be allowed to wear any sashes or other awards from the NSHSS at graduation.
CSF Application Deadlines
Fall Semester/Spring Semester -CSF membership renewal-The first two weeks of each semester. The specific date will be announced and posted in the daily bulletin and on the school web site prior to the deadline.
NHS Application Deadlines
The Application period for NHS is the first two weeks of the Spring semester. The specific date will be announced and posted in the daily bulletin and on the school web site prior to the deadline.
Things to think about. . .
1. Are you joining because your parents want you to join, but you have no real interest?
2. Are you joining because it will look good on your college resume, but you have no intention of being an active member?
3. Are you joining only because your friends are in the clubs?
For college, it is best to join clubs that you will dedicate your time and effort. It will indicate that you are willing to show extra effort past your academic requirements.
Q: Can freshmen join?
A: Freshmen can apply for probational status for CSF in the second semester and for NHS at the same time. CSF membership for awards begins in 10th grade.
Q: If I am on the honor roll, I am automatically in NHS right?
A: No. In order to be in either CSF or NHS you must apply.
Q: I was in the NJHS at Douglass or Lee, does that mean I am automatically in NHS ?
A: No, you must have high school grades on your transcript in order to be in NHS or CSF
Q; If I have a D on my progress report, do I kicked out of the P.H.S. ?
A: No, only final report cards count. If your GPA drops below a 3.5, you will have to reapply for NHS. CSF members must renew their membership every semester .
Q: What awards will I receive if I apply for the first time for CSF and NHS as a Senior?
A: For CSF, none. You must be in the club for at least four out of six semesters. For NHS, you can receive your honor cord and seal, but cannot apply for scholarships, since the scholarship deadline to apply is before the application deadline.
Q: How will I know I am accepted?
A: Students who are not accepted will receive an email explaining why their application status was not approved. Students who are accepted will start receiving group emails about meetings from club officers.
Q: I missed the deadline for applying, what can I do?
A: If you were sick or out of school for another legally excused absence (Independent Study does not apply), you can turn your application in when you return to school. If you simply forgot, you are out of luck.