Call for Interpreters
CALL FOR INTERPRETERS
The RID Region III 2018 Conference Planning Committee is seeking Deaf and Hearing interpreters in good standing with RID to provide quality interpreting services for our conference participants.
Requirements for consideration:
- Interpreters must hold valid certification from RID or NAD.
- Interpreters must hold a valid Wisconsin DSPS Interpreter License or obtain a license waiver.
- Interpreters with knowledge, skill, and experience working with Deaf-Blind/low vision individuals are encouraged to apply.
- Interpreters residing in Wisconsin and Region III are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Interpreters must be willing to work as a conference interpreter mentor.
Please submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org. Hard copies will not be accepted. Videos can be attached to email or uploaded to YouTube.
- A letter of interest including your preference for a full or part-time position, as well as your strengths and weaknesses.
- Resume/CV highlighting any platform and/or conference experience.
- Work samples of unrehearsed conference-level interpreting, demonstrating your English-to-ASL and ASL-to-English interpreting skills.
- $50.00 per hour up to 8 hours per day, $60.00 per hour over 8 hours per day.
- $100.00 in travel expenses, with transportation receipts for airfare or $.50 per mile up to $100.00.
- 2-3 nights double occupancy lodging at conference site and meals or meal stipends for full-time interpreters, depending on schedule.
- Part-time interpreters will be compensated at an hourly rate of $50.00, excluding travel, meals, and lodging.