Learning together, caring about our future
Te ako tahi me te whakaaro nui ki tō tātou anamata
National State of Emergency - COVID-19 Lockdown
Due to the current National State of Emergency, our school is closed for School Holidays. From Wednesday 15th April Term 2 will begin with Distance Learning. More information will be available on our site from then.
- We are constantly being advised by the Ministries of Education and Health as to what is expected of us.
- We are continuing to remind children of the expectation of hand washing and the need to do this thoroughly.
- We are ensuring we are equipped with adequate stocks of soap, paper towels and hand sanitiser.
- We are encouraging children to use paper towels to dry hands, rather than the hand dryers.
- Teachers are ensuring that children have the facts through sharing the video from Dr Michelle Dickinson that was shared on our FB page and in our newsletter last week (below).
The Ministry of Education has informed us that through our community we all have a very large role in preventing the spread of COVID-19 through:
- Vigilance (stay away if you are ill)
- Good hygiene (hand washing, drying, coughing and sneeze etiquette as per the picture below)
The Ministry of Health website www.moh.govt.nz remains the best location for up to date information.
We will keep you up to date with any new information or updates as they come to hand.
8.30 am Office & classrooms are open
9.00 am School begins
10.40 - 11.00 am Interval
12.30 - 1.30 pm Lunchtime
3.00 pm School finishes
3.15 pm Staff unable to be responsible for supervision