Stony Brook Sports
Fall Sports 2018
Note: All students must have a current physical on file at the nurses office in order to try out for any sport.
NO PHYSICAL = NO TRYOUT!
Sign ups for Fall Sports will take place Aug. 30th during Advisory.
Cross Country - All Grades
Field Hockey, Girls & Boys Soccer - 7th & 8th grade ONLY
- Students who are failing a course are not eligible to participate in athletics. Eligibility may be restored if a student passes all courses on the next report card issued. The administration reserves the right to discipline, suspend, or remove students for behavioral or academic reasons.
- The activity fee will be $240.00 for each student. The fee is collected by the coach and due before the first regular season event. The fee is for 1 (one) season.
Checks should be made out to the Town of Westford
- As part of the Massachusetts Department of Public Health's Regulation 105 CMR 201.000 "Head Injuries and Concussions in Extracurricular Athletic Activities" students and parents are required to complete one of the free online training videos provided below. By signing the Westford Public Schools Athletics Release Agreement, parents and students acknowledge their completion of this regulation. A completed certificate does not need to be turned in with other forms.
Free Online Training Video Links for Parents/Students -
Please complete ONE.
Additional Concussion Information for Review by Athletes/Parents
- Each student is required to have had a physical within thirteen months of the start of the season and provide proof of validity. Please make sure that the school nurse has a current, valid proof of physical on file in the nurse's office if your son/daughter intends to try out. Last year, the MIAA voted to align its requirements on physicals with the Mass Department of Public Health. What this means is that physicals will expire 13 months from the exam date. Students will no longer be allowed to continue participation until the end of the season. Student's eligibility will terminate once a physical has reached the 13 month limit.
- Transportation is provided for all teams to out of town events. Parents are responsible to transport students within town to practices and/or events. Students must ride the bus to and from away events.
Parents must provide the coach written permission 24 hours in advance in order to take their child home from an away event.
- Cross Country - Sue Hanly, Meghan Ryle & Maureen Severo
- Field Hockey - Roberta Oehley
- Boys Soccer - TBA
- Girls Soccer - Brett Sczylvian
Boys Basketball - Al Duffett
Girls Basketball - John Nidzgorski
Baseball - Al Duffett
Softball - Mindy Schnare
Track and Field - Ken Eldridge, Elizabeth Latham, Laura LeBlanc
Volleyball - Meghan Ryle
Stony Brook Athletic Coordinator: Roberta Oehley
If you have any questions or concerns,
please feel free to contact, Roberta Oehley, at any time or the specific coach.
Once your son/daughter has been selected for a team, please contact the coach by email if you have any questions. Most of our coaches are on staff here at Stony Brook and you can find their email on the school website.