ePals - Connect, Communicate and Collaborate with classrooms around the world!
Makerspaces - Field trip to Clearview Library
Sketchnotes - Sketchnoting is not just an attractive way to take notes, it can improve retention and learning. These sketchnoting resources will get you started with your students.
- Coding - Students learn new approaches to problem solving that harness the power of computational thinking to become both users and creators of computing technology. By applying computer science as a tool for learning and expression in a variety of disciplines and interests, students will actively participate in a world that is increasingly influenced by technology.
- Code.org - Supports and facilitates the learning for solving problems by writing code for teachers and students
- Arduino - Arduino is an open-source electronics platform based on easy-to-use hardware and software. It's intended for anyone making interactive projects.
- Makey-Makey - Makey Makeys work just like a USB keyboard or mouse, sending keyboard (WASD, spacebar, etc) and mouse (left click, right click, etc) signals to your computer.
- Scratch - Create stories, games, and animations. Share with others around the world
- Code Academy - Learn the basics, starting with Intro to programming
- Khan Academy - Learn the basics, starting with Intro to programming
- Earsketch - learn to code by making music
- Computational Thinking - Computational thinking requires understanding the capabilities of computers, formulating problems to be addressed by a computer, and designing algorithms that a computer can execute.
- Robots in Content Areas - Spheros - getting started video Weld RE-4 Spring Online Edcamp
- Tinkercad - Tinkercad is a simple, online 3D design and 3D printing app for everyone. Tinkercad is used by designers, hobbyists, teachers, and kids, to make toys, prototypes, home decor, Minecraft models, jewelry – the list is truly endless!
- Storyboardthat - Assess and reinforce student comprehension of literature with storyboards! Diagram Narrative Structures, Study Literary Elements, Visualize Symbolism.
- Google Expeditions - Student can create stories with 360° pictures (VR). Check with your building tech coach for training to reserve a date.
- Sutori - Create and share visual stories (vertical timeline). Collaboratively. Also has a discussions tool
- Timeline - A site for creating simple timelines
- Littlebirdtales - Little Bird Tales is a storytelling and e-learning tool that can be implemented in hundreds of ways, and is great for kids of all ages, even for children who can't read and write!
- Tour Builder - From a nonprofit documenting its global missions, to a teacher transforming American history - check out the inspiring stories that people are creating using Tour Builder. Put your story on the map.
- Storybird - Creating a story book has never been easier. Students can use Storybird’s original artwork to illustrate their stories. The artwork can inspire students to be creative, or they can pick art that represents what they want to create. Storybird offers a social element where readers can comment and encourage authors.
- Make Beliefs Comix - Make Beliefs Comix provides comic strip making fun for kids of all ages. Tap into your rich imagination to create your own world and stories with help from our easy-to-use comic strip generator.
- Gone Google Story Builder - Create your own visual Docs quickly and easily. Create characters, write their words for them, choose some music, and this tools creates a fun, engaging video with your content.
- WeVideo - WeVideo is the online video editor that makes it easy to capture, create, view and share your movies.
- Powtoon - Create Animated Videos & Presentations
- Screencastify - Screencastify is the easiest way to Record, Edit, Annotate, Store, and Share video screen captures. Record a specific tab, or your whole desktop at the click of a button. And your whole experience is synced with your G-Suite.
- Easel.ly - Create and share visual ideas, 1000's of Reporting, Timeline, Resume and Process templates to choose from
- Adobe Spark - Create impactful social graphics, web stories and animated videos with Spark’s free graphic design app
- Canva - provides teachers and students with a simple new way to design. Its drag and drop functionality enables them to create presentations, posters, one-page documents, and social media posts.
- Smore - Create beautiful flyers and newsletters!
- Thinglink - Make images, videos, or 360°/VR content interactive with three intuitive editors. Layer content with over 70 call to action tags (web link, text, video, image, audio, social media, maps, etc.)
- Hyperlinking Google Slides - Hyperlinking slides to create an interactive lesson
- Example - Elementary government lesson
- Videonot.es - The easiest way to take notes synchronized with videos!
- Padlet - an easy, intuitive workspace for making and sharing content
- Flipgrid - Flipgrid is a video discussion community for your classroom that supercharges your students’ voices. You add the topics, your students respond with short videos, and everyone engages!
- Today's Meet - Enhance classrooms. Enable discussions. Empower students. Gives everyone a voice.
- Virtual Field Trips
- Mystery Skype - Guess the location using geography skills
- Google Hangouts - Hangouts can be used to broadcast video, collaborate on 3D printing projects, Clearview Library collaboration, student collaboration across district
- Nearpod - Easily create lessons in minutes for your next class. Import files (pdf, ppt, jpg) or Google slides and add interactive activities, websites, and videos to keep your students engaged in their learning.
- Blendspace - Save time by collecting all digital content in one place.
- SymbalooEDU - Manage your favorite bookmarks and web resources, then share them with your colleagues or students! Customize SymbalooEDU to create a personal learning environment that fits perfectly with your teaching style. A multitude of easy-to-use features makes it easy to create tailored lesson plans for your classroom.
- Example Symbaloo of Math Manipulatives
- Quizizz - Gamify your class with your own questions! Create questions and deliver them to students in a Quizizz. It keeps track of their scores on a leaderboard and shows fun memes after you answer your questions!
- Formative - Formative lets teachers ask students questions and then give them instant feedback. Ask multiple choice, true-false, fill-in-the-blank and draw-your-answer questions. Then give students comments and a grade that they can see instantly.
Social Media (for teachers)
- Badge Your Classroom - Christopher Tucker