UX/UI Designer Position Description - Full Time Remote
Who we are:
We are a 200 person online marketing and digital agency located in Harrisburg, PA with talented team members worldwide. The best way to see who we are and what we do is to check out our website - www.webpagefx.com - (however you must apply through this link to be considered for a position)
Who we are looking for:
We are looking for a talented full time remote UX/UI designer with strong design, critical thinking and html skills. Someone who wants to take creative ownership throughout the entire design process and cares about constant learning.
The ideal candidate will have experience working with independently and with other UX designers, project managers, developers and copywriters. You must be able to make deliberate design decisions and translate any given user-experience journey into a smooth and intuitive interaction for our clients across web, and mobile web.
There is an emphasis on UI and visual design for this role, but experience in UX, HTML and interaction design is desirable.
- At least 3 years of work experience in website design (not graphic/print design)
- Fluent in spoken and written English
- Work hours in USA Central & Pacific Time Zones. Although this is remote work and we will hire from any country, you must work during our business hours
- Minimum 45 hours/week, full-time employment
- Strong portfolio to be presented and defended during interview.
- Great team player. Ability to collaborate closely with UX designers, PM, developers, brand marketing, and copywriters, and provide assets in the appropriate format
- Hands-on experience creating wireframes, prototypes, storyboards, user flows, etc.
- Working knowledge of screen design tools like Sketch or Adobe Creative Suite
- Knowledge and understanding of web, mobile web, and their limitations
- Knowledge of Style Guides and design frameworks such as Material Design
- An active iOS or Android smartphone user who understands what matters most from the user's perspective
- Strong knowledge of design basics such as color theory, composition, and typography
- Up to date with the latest digital design trends
What you'll do:
- Work on various client sites and industries - we currently have 850 clients in different industries
- Gather, research and evaluate user requirements and business goals in collaboration with the founders, product team, developers and real users.
- Illustrate concepts by designing and delivering wireframes, user stories, user flows, mockups and prototypes optimized for a wide range of devices and interfaces, communicating your interaction ideas using any of these methods.
- Make strategic, data-driven design and user-experience decisions related to core, and new, functions and features.
- Present and defend your design decisions. All your design decisions should be based on the overall design roadmap and style guide which you will help create, as well as your own design taste and fundamental design principles (i.e. human psychology/factors, visual weight, color theory, etc.)
- Design graphic user interface elements, like home page prototypes, headers, banners, menus, tabs and widgets
- Develop UI mockups and prototypes that clearly illustrate how sites function and looks
- Create original graphic designs (e.g. illustrations, images, sketches and tables)
- Prepare and present rough drafts to internal teams and key stakeholders
- Identify and troubleshoot UX and small HTML problems (e.g. responsiveness)
- Conduct layout adjustments based on user feedback
- Adhere to style standards on fonts, colors and images, which you will help create.
- Keep abreast of competitor products and industry trends