CAASO T&F on Tuesday - no classes
Field trip to Fanshawe Conservation Authority on Friday, May 24 - please arrive at the school by 8:30 a.m.
For the week of May 20, 2019
Language: Writing Traits - moving on to Word Choice. "Powerful Place" assignment was due last week - May 15. Reading: We have started our novel study, Tuck Everlasting. There are assignments to be completed each week. Tuck Vocabulary test Monday, May 27.
Decimals and fractions test Wednesday, May 29. Xtramath is now optional for those who have mastered their multiplication facts. For those who haven't, you need to do it every day. Focus should now be on Mathletics (2x/week). Next unit is Probability.
Science (Mrs. Kapinga)
Science test Tuesday, May 28.
We have begun a new unit on the parables of Jesus. We planted some seeds to help us understand the parable of the sower. If you're doing some spring planting, please invite your child to participate! No new memory work this week.
Phys. Ed. and Health (Mrs. Foster)
We will separate the class into boys and girls for our upcoming talk on growth and development. A separate letter will go home with details.
We will finish off the year learning about Ancient Civilizations.
God is our Creator. Part of being made in His image means that we, too, have creative abilities. In our art studies this year we will appreciate the beauty that God has given to us, while learning to create pieces of art that praise God for our abilities. Additionally, we will develop our skills through purposeful dramatic expression.
Please bring in your recorder for classes.
Please check the homework board for any assignments and tests from Madame Trebicka.
- A notice and permission form will go home shortly about our year-end trip to Tree-Top Adventure Park at Boler Mountain on June 18. Plan to join us if you can!
- Our verses for the new year are Ephesians 4:22-24 (old self vs. new self).
- Please pray for us all in Grade 5 that the Lord would help us to grow to be more and more like Him.
- LCA supports two Compassion Canada children. We ask that each student bring in $1/month (of their own money) to help us meet the needs of others living in less favourable conditions and countries than we enjoy here.
- Community Service: The Gr. 5 class participates in the "Acorns and Oaks" program which is a joint venture with LCA, St. Joseph's Health Centre, the City of London, and Chartwell Retirement residences. Our final meeting and BBQ will be in June at the Chartwell Retirement residence on Wharncliffe Road.