get the book
THE BOY WHO HARNESSED THE WIND (Young Readers Edition)
by William Kamkwamba and Bryan Mealer
HOW TO GET THE (FREE!) EBOOK
This year, thanks to the WATERTOWN COMMUNITY FOUNDATION, every WMS student & staff member will have access to an eBook copy of the book on the ereader platform Sora, from June 1st to September 30th, 2020.
Go to our school's Sora homepage at https://soraapp.com/library/masslibma
First time users of Sora: In the dropdown menu for 'Select Your School', select 'Watertown City School District'. Log in with your school email and password.
All WMS students and staff should have the book assigned to them until September 30th. When you log in, you should see the book on your Sora home tab or shelf tab.
If for some reason you do not see the book on the Sora homepage, go to THIS LINK and borrow the book.
How to get the eBook
(in less than 1 minute!)
Tips on How to Use Sora
(Turn pages, reading settings, eReader tools)
other available formats
- WMS teachers have recorded an audio 'Read Aloud' of the book for WMS students to listen to while reading. Click here to listen to the WMS audiobook!
- Note: The ‘Read Aloud’ is for Watertown Middle School students and faculty only, and accessible with a WPS Google account. Per publisher guidelines, these recordings will only be available until August 31st, 2020.
- If you plan to purchase the audiobook, make sure to buy the YOUNG READERS edition:
- The Watertown Free Public Library has over 70 paperback copies available to borrow! While the Library is closed during the COVID-19 pandemic, WFPL has curbside pickup. Orders will only be taken via phone. For more information, visit their Curbside Pickup info page.
- If you plan to purchase the paperback or hardcover book, make sure to buy the YOUNG READERS edition: