Assistive Technology (AT) is defined as any item, piece of equipment or product system, whether acquired commercially off the shelf, modified, or customized, that is used to increase, maintain, or improve the functional capabilities of children with disabilities.
Links to AT Tools
Google Extension & Apps
Text To Speech
Speech to Text
- BeeLine Reader
- High Contrast
- MagicScroll Web Reader
- Color Enhancer
Links to AT Services
- Louisiana Assistive Technology Access Network
- Louisiana Assistive Technology Initiative
- Assistive Technology Centers by State
- ACES Assistive Technology Services
- Zoom: User can adjust the zoom level of the browser by pressing:
- Ctrl and + to zoom in
- Ctrl and - to zoom out
- Ctrl and 0 (zero) to return to the original zoom level
- Font Face and Size: Users can set the default font face and default font size for all websites.
- 1) Click the settings button in the top right corner of Chrome.
- 2) Choose Settings from the drop down menu.
- 3) Scroll down and click Show advanced settings.
- 4) Now scroll down to the Web content section and click the Customize fonts button.
- 5) A window will now open where you can adjust your default font settings.
- Keyboard shortcuts: Many common tasks in Chrome can be accomplished with keyboard. A full list of shortcuts can be found here.