19-20 PRESCHOOL REGISTRATION
2020-2021 REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN!!
VERNON TOWNSHIP PUBLIC SCHOOLS
2020-2021 PRESCHOOL REGISTRATION
Children who are 3 or 4 years old are eligible to register for preschool for the 2020-2021 school year. Children must be fully toilet trained to start in the program. Preschool is offered five days a week during a morning or afternoon session. Tuition will be broken down into 10 monthly payments, not to exceed $350 per month, payable one month in advance (i.e., September's tuition is due August 1, 2020, October's tuition is due September 1, 2020, etc.). We are encouraging all parents and guardians to enroll their child online as early as possible for district staffing and planning purposes. All students (new or currently enrolled) must submit a check for $50 to hold a spot in preschool for the following year.
NOTE: RETURNING PRESCHOOL STUDENTS ATTENDING THE WALNUT RIDGE PRESCHOOL PROGRAM SHOULD NOT DO THE ONLINE PRE-REGISTRATION.
Registration at the Walnut Ridge School will be on one of three days: Wednesday 2/19, Thursday 2/27 or Thursday 3/5 between the hours of 7:35-3:15. For questions, please email Jane DiCarlo at email@example.com or call 973-764-2801.
1) Proof of Residency (Please note that this requirement must be met for all new students registering regardless of whether a sibling is already registered.)
a. Original deed or Settlement Statement from your closing and a current utility bill
b. Legal lease/rental agreement with both names of parents and children on it and a current utility bill
2) Child’s original birth certificate issued by the town or state of birth (not a hospital certificate)
3) Doctor’s certificate of immunization against the following
a. DPT – 4 doses
b. Polio – 3 doses
c. Measles (Rubeola) – 1 dose of a measles containing vaccine; the first dose must be after the first birthday
d. Mumps – 1 dose
e. German Measles (Rubella) – 1 dose or a measles containing vaccine, received after the first birthday
f. Varicella (Chicken Pox Vaccine) -- 1 dose after 1st birthday or documentation that child had the disease
g. Hib - 2 doses; at least one dose on or after 1st birthday
h. Pneumococcal - 2 doses; at least one dose on or after first birthday
4) Physical check-up from private medical doctor (prior to first day of school)
To register your child during March you will need to:
(1) first go to the Board of Education building which is now located at Walnut Ridge School to establish residency.
(2) then go to Walnut Ridge School with original birth certificate and all medical information.
If you have any other questions regarding preschool registration please do not hesitate to call the Walnut Ridge School at (973) 764-2801.
If you have any questions regarding residency, please contact Karen Dowd at 973-764-8025, firstname.lastname@example.org.