19-20 PRESCHOOL REGISTRATION
VERNON TOWNSHIP PUBLIC SCHOOLS
2019-2020 PRESCHOOL REGISTRATION
Children who are 3 or 4 years old are eligible to register for preschool for the 2019-2020 school year. Children must be fully toilet trained to start in the program. Preschool is offered five days a week during a morning or afternoon session. A monthly tuition of $300 will be charged to provide consumable supplies for the class. We are encouraging all parents and guardians to enroll their child online as early as possible for district staffing and planning purposes. All students (new or currently enrolled) must submit a check for $50 to hold a spot in preschool for the following year.
NOTE: RETURNING PRESCHOOL STUDENTS ATTENDING THE WALNUT RIDGE PRESCHOOL PROGRAM SHOULD NOT DO THE ONLINE PRE-REGISTRATION.
March is the Walnut Ridge School's open registration month. Feel free to stop in and register your child anytime in March Monday thru Friday 8am-3pm at the Walnut Ridge School. Please note on Thursday, March 21st we will have extended hours from 4pm-7pm. If you would like to make an appointment for a tour of our building during our March "Touring Tuesdays", please email Jane DiCarlo at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 973-764-2801.
1) Proof of Residency (Please note that this requirement must be met for all new students registering regardless of whether a sibling is already registered.)
a. Original deed or Settlement Statement from your closing and a current utility bill
b. Legal lease/rental agreement with both names of parents and children on it and a current utility bill
2) Child’s original birth certificate issued by the town or state of birth (not a hospital certificate)
3) Doctor’s certificate of immunization against the following
a. DPT – 4 doses – Fourth dose must be on or after fourth birthday; if not, a fifth dose will be needed
b. Polio – 3 doses – Third dose must be on or after fourth birthday; if not, a fourth dose will be needed
c. Measles (Rubeola) – 1 dose of a measles containing vaccine; the first dose must be after the first birthday
d. Mumps – 1 dose
e. German Measles (Rubella) – 1 dose or a measles containing vaccine, received after the first birthday
f. Varicella (Chicken Pox Vaccine) -- 1 dose after 1st birthday or documentation that child had the disease
g. Hib - 2 doses; at least one dose on or after 1st birthday
h. Pneumococcal - 2 doses; at least one dose on or after first birthday
4) Physical check-up from private medical doctor (prior to first day of school)
To register your child during March you will need to:
(1) first go to the Board of Education building which is now located at Walnut Ridge School to establish residency.
(2) then go to Walnut Ridge School with original birth certificate and all medical information.
If you have any other questions regarding preschool registration please do not hesitate to call the Walnut Ridge School at (973) 764-2801.
If you have any questions regarding residency, please contact Kelly Ressler at 973-764-8025, email@example.com.