19-20 KINDERGARTEN REGISTRATION
VERNON TOWNSHIP PUBLIC SCHOOLS
2019-2020 KINDERGARTEN REGISTRATION
Children who will be five years old on or before October 1, 2019, are eligible to register for the 2019-2020 school year. The first step in registering your child for school is to complete the online pre-registration. After you have completed the online pre-registration, please bring all necessary documentation, as listed below, to kindergarten registration.
NOTE: STUDENTS CURRENTLY ATTENDING THE WALNUT RIDGE PRESCHOOL PROGRAM ARE ALSO REQUIRED TO REGISTER FOR KINDERGARTEN ON ONE OF THE BELOW DATES BUT SHOULD NOT DO THE ONLINE PRE-REGISTRATION.
Come to Cedar Mountain Primary School at 17 Sammis Rd, Vernon NJ 07462
Monday April 1, 2019 4:30-8:00pm
Tuesday April 2, 2019 9:30-11:30am
Wednesday April 3, 2019 4:30-8:00pm
Thursday April 4, 2019 9:30-11:30am
1) Proof of Residency (Please note that this requirement must be met for all new students registering regardless of whether a sibling is already registered.)
a. Original deed or Settlement Statement from your closing and a current utility bill
b. Legal lease/rental agreement with both names of parents and children on it and a current utility bill
2) Child’s original birth certificate issued by the town or state of birth (not a hospital certificate)
3) Doctor’s certificate of immunization against the following
a. DPT – 4 doses – Fourth dose must be on or after fourth birthday; if not, a fifth dose will be needed
b. Polio – 3 doses – Third dose must be on or after fourth birthday; if not, a fourth dose will be needed
c. Measles (Rubeola) – 2 doses of a measles containing vaccine; the first dose must be after the first birthday
d. Mumps – 1 dose
e. German Measles (Rubella) – 1 dose
f. Hepatitis B – 3 doses
g. Varicella (Chicken Pox Vaccine) -- 1 dose after 1st birthday or documentation that child had the disease
4) Physical check-up from private medical doctor (prior to first day of school)
IMPORTANT: If you do not register your child on the dates above you will need to:
(1) first go to the Board of Education building which is now located at Walnut Ridge School to establish residency.
(2) then go to Cedar Mountain Primary School with original birth certificate and all medical information.
If you have any questions regarding residency, please contact Kelly Ressler at 973-764-8025, email@example.com.
If you have any other questions regarding kindergarten registration please do not hesitate to call Cedar Mountain Primary School at (973) 764-2890.