Vermont's Premier Education Technology Conference!
Call for Presenters
Deadline: September 1, 2017
November 2-3, 2017: Killington Grand Resort
VITA-Learn is celebrating its 25th year working to promote and support the use of information technology to transform Vermont education.
Our fall conference theme is Mapping the Future, reflecting on how far we have come, and planning for where we are headed.
We are inviting Vermont educators and technology leaders to share their stories, successes, challenges, and professional learning with other colleagues. The goal of sessions is to increase the knowledge base of strategies, road maps, and foundations for planning and implementing on a school-wide basis. Sessions are an hour, with a significant focus on discussion and sharing.
Thursday Topic Ideas: Curriculum and Pedagogy, Social Media and Schools/Community, Personalized Learning, Digital Citizenship, Digital Resources, 1:1 issues Students and Community, Professional Development in a GAFE School, GAFE and Personalized Learning, Social Media and Students, Social Media and Professional Development for Faculty, ISTE Resources
We are interested in how schools are addressing any of the following topics:
- Personalized Learning Implementation - Strategies for Success
- Schools and Community in a Social Media Landscape
- Design for Making - (Designing and implementing maker spaces and maker curriculum)
- Transforming to Digital Resources / Using Open Education Resources
- Digital Citizenship - (School-wide Implementation Models and Strategies)
- One-to-One in Schools - (Key Elements and Roadmaps for Success)
- Student Information Systems - (Implementing Personalized Learning, transitioning to Proficiency-based Assessment systems, Preparing for State-Wide Longitudinal Data System)
- Student Data Privacy