Yi Tay's Homepage
About Me :)
I am a 3rd Year (final year) PhD candidate from the School of Computer Science and Engineering (SCSE) at Nanyang Technological University, Singapore (NTU). My research interests are Deep Learning, NLP and Information Retrieval.
My PhD is supported under the A*Star Graduate Scholarship. I am affiliated with the Baidu-I2R NLP lab at A*Star, Singapore where I am co-advised by Dr Luu Anh Tuan and Dr Jian Su.
I work with applications such as question answering, natural language understanding, reading comprehension, semantic matching, sentiment analysis, recommender systems and social data mining.
- Yi Tay, Anh Tuan Luu, Siu Cheung Hui, Jian Su - Densely Connected Attention Propagation for Reading Comprehension - Proceedings of NeurIPS 2018 - Montreal, Canada. [code][preprint]
- Yi Tay, Anh Tuan Luu, Siu Cheung Hui - Recurrently Controlled Recurrent Networks - Proceedings of NeurIPS 2018 - Montreal, Canada [code][preprint]
- Yi Tay, Anh Tuan Luu, Siu Cheung Hui - Compare, Compress and Propagate - Enhancing Neural Architectures with Alignment Factorization for Natural Language Inference - Proceedings of EMNLP 2018 (Full Paper) - Brussels, Belgium (Accepted) [preprint][code]
- Yi Tay, Anh Tuan Luu, Siu Cheung Hui - Multi-granular Sequence Encoding via Dilated Compositional Units for Reading Comprehension - Proceedings of EMNLP 2018 (Full Paper) - Brussels, Belgium (Accepted)
- Yi Tay, Anh Tuan Luu, Siu Cheung Hui - Co-Stack Residual Affinity Networks with Multi-level Attention Refinement for Matching Text Sequences - Proceedings of EMNLP 2018 (Full Paper) - Brussels, Belgium (Accepted)[code]
- Yi Tay, Anh Tuan Luu, Siu Cheung Hui, Jian Su - Reasoning with Sarcasm by Reading In-between (Accepted) - Proceedings of ACL 2018 (Full Paper, Oral Presentation), Melbourne [24.9% accepted rate][preprint]
- Yi Tay, Anh Tuan Luu, Siu Cheung Hui - Multi-Pointer Co-Attention Networks for Recommendation (Accepted) - Proceedings of KDD 2018 (Research Track, Full Paper, Oral Presentation), UK London [18.4% accepted rate]][preprint][code]
Full Publication list at Google Scholar or check publication tab.
- Novel Neural Network Architectures for Text Sequence Encoding - Singapore University of Technology and Design (SUTD) - January 2019 - Hosts: Prof Lu Wei
- Neural Architectures for Natural Language Understanding - Singapore Management University (SMU), November 2018 - Hosts: Prof Jiang Jing.
- Program Committee of NAACL 2019 (Information Retrieval Track)
- Program Committee of EMNLP 2018 (Text Mining and Information Retrieval Track)
- External Reviewer of ACL 2018
- Invited Reviewer of IEEE Transactions of Knowledge and Data Engineering (TKDE)
- Invited Reviewer of Neurocomputing
- Invited Reviewer of IEEE Access
- Program Committee of RecNLP 2019
- A*Star Graduate Scholarship (AGS) - August 2017 - Present
- SIGIR 2017 Student Travel Grant - August 2017
- ICWSM 2018 Student Scholarship - April 2018
- KDD 2018 Student Travel Grant - August 2018
- EMNLP 2018 Student Scholarship - November 2018
- EMNLP 2018 Best Reviewer Award (Top 7% reviewers) - November 2018
- NIPS 2018 Travel Award - December 2018
Competitions and Challenges
- CIKM AnalytiCup 2017 (Lazada Product Quality - Challenge) - Honourable Mention (5th place) - September 2017
- CVPR Textbook Question Answering Challenge - 1st Place (Diagram Track) and 2nd place (Text Track)
- CIKM Cup 2016 (Cross Device User Linking track) - 1st Place
Personal / Misc / Others
- Associate Diploma in Piano Performance (ATCL) from Trinity College London.
- Music Director and Public Relations Director of NTU Piano Ensemble (2012-2013)
- 04.12.2018 - Presented two papers at NeurIPS in Montreal!
- 16.11.2018 - Serving as program committee of NAACL 2019.
- 09.11.2018 - Gave a talk at SMU titled "Neural Architectures for Natural Language Understanding" which covers content from my two latest NeurIPS papers.
- 01.11.2018 - One paper with Shuai accepted to AAAI 2019.
- 31.10.2018 - Attended EMNLP 2018 in Brussels.
- 11.10.2018 - Survey on Deep Recommender Systems with Shuai accepted to ACM Computing Surveys.
- 10.10.2018 - Received best reviewer award for EMNLP 2018.
- 05.09.2018 - 2 Papers accepted to NeurIPS 2018!
- 10.08.2018 - 4 full papers accepted to EMNLP 2018.
- 14.07.2018 - Paper with Minh accepted to TKDE!
- 0.7.05.2018 - Two full papers accepted to KDD'18!
- 26.06.2018 - Attended and presented one full paper at ICWSM 2018 at Stanford.
- 24.05.2018 - Invited to serve as a PC member (reviewer) of EMNLP 2018.
- 07.05.2018 - Two full papers accepted to research track of KDD'18!
- 23.04.2018 - Attended and presented one full paper in WWW 2018 Lyon, France.
- 21.04.2018 - One full paper on self-attention for sarcasm detection accepted to ACL 2018!
- 17.04.2018 - One full paper on complex-valued coattention mechanism accepted to IJCAI 2018!
- 22.03.2018 - One full paper on deep learning and attention mechanism for Relationship Recommendation is accepted to ICWSM 2018!
- 06.02.2018 - Attended and presented one full paper (spotlight) at WSDM 2018 at Los Angeles.
- 04.04.2018 - Attended and presented 3 papers at AAAI 2018 at New Orleans.
- 31.12.2017 - Our proposed CAFE model is the top performing model on the SNLI benchmark.
- 22.12.2017 - 1 Paper accepted to WWW 2018 on Collaborative Ranking.
- 04.12.2017 - Passed my PhD candidature confirmation.
- 09.11.2017 - 3 Papers accepted to AAAI 2018 at New Orleans. One paper on aspect-based sentiment analysis, one paper on question answering and one paper on automatic text scoring.
- 23.10.2017 - 1 Paper accepted to WSDM 2018 at Los Angeles on Question Answering.
- 26.09.2017 - Awarded Honourable Mention for CIKM AnalytiCup 2017. (Lazada Product Title Quality Challenge)
- 07.08.2017 - Attended and presented one full paper at SIGIR 2017, Tokyo Japan.