Our group does research in geotechnical engineering and geomechanics, focusing on the fundamental behaviors of geomaterials under mechanical loading and multiphysical impacts. The long-term goal of our research team is to providing mechanistic-based bottom-up solutions to the emerging geomechanical challenges and infrastructural needs of our society. Please explore our site for recent news, publications, and presentations.
- Zhejiang University, Hangzhou, China Civil and Environmental Eng. B.S., 2010
- Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, LA Civil and Environmental Eng. M.S., 2012
- Northwestern University, Evanston, IL Civil and Environmental Eng. Ph.D., 2016
- 2016-Current: Assistant Professor, Dept. of Civil, Environmental, and Architectural Eng., Geotechnical Engineering and Geomechanics, University of Colorado Boulder, Boulder, CO.
- 2012-2016: Doctoral Researcher, Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, Northwestern University, Evanston, IL.
- Constitutive modeling of geomaterials (soil, rock) interacting with environmental factors (adsorption, dissolution, elevated temperature)
- Micromechanics of granular materials
- Unsaturated soil behaviors
- Numerical modeling in geotechnical engineering and energy geotechnics
Service and Affiliations
- Committee member of the Unsaturated Soils of the Geo-Institute of the American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE); Granular materials and Modeling Inelasticity and Multiscale Behavior of the Engineering Mechanics Institute of ASCE.
- Journal article review: Journal of Mechanics and Physics of Solids, Journal of Engineering Mechanics, Geophysical Research Letters, Géotechnique, Journal of Geotechnical and Geoenvironmental Engineering, International Journal of Rock Mechanics and Mining Sciences, International Journal for Numerical and Analytical Methods in Geomechanics, Rock Mechanics and Rock Engineering, Engineering Fracture Mechanics, Computers and Geotechnics, Granular Matter, Journal of Infrastructure Systems, Geotechnical Testing Journal, International Journal of Damage Mechanics, Engineering Geology, Geomechanics for Energy and the Environment, Mechanics Research Communications.
- Member of the Editorial Panel of Géotechnique Letters.
- Proposal review: National Science Foundation (NSF)-Geotechnical Engineering and Materials, NSF- Fluid Dynamics, U.S. Department of Energy (DOE), American Chemical Society (ACS) Petroleum Research Fund (PRF), Hong Kong Research Grants Council (RGC).