Yi ZHUPhD student, University of MichiganDepartment of Civil and Environmental engineeringDeployable and Reconfigurable Research Group
I am currently a PhD student in structural engineering at University of Michigan. Generally speaking, my current research focuses on revealing the relationship between geometry and mechanical properties. Prior to joining umich as a PhD student, I worked on earthquake engineering related problems during my Master study at UC Berkeley and my undergraduate study at Tongji University, Shanghai. I enjoy painting and photography during my leisure time.
University of Michigan ------- Aug 2018-May 2022 (expected), Ann Arbor
- PhD student in Civil Engineering （in progress)
- Current Research Topic: Functional Small Scale Actuator
University of California at Berkeley ------- Aug 2017-May 2018, Berkeley
- M.S. in Civil Engineering
- GPA: 4.0/4.0 (with 5A+ out of 8 courses)
- Major Courses: Dynamics of Structures, Finite Element Method, Structural Mechanics, Seismic Resilient Design, Seismic Hazard Analysis.
Tongji University ------- Sept 2013-Jun 2017, Shanghai, China
- B.Eng. in Civil Engineering
- GPA: 4.84/5.0 Ranking: 5/503
- Shanghai Excellent Graduates
Feng Chia University (summer school) ------- Jun 2015, Taiwan, China
- Design Workshop – the Maker Movement (Collaborate Summer School held by Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Feng Chia University, Shih Hsin University and Tongji University)