ABOUT THE COLLEGE
Sir M Visvesvaraya Institute of Technology (Sir MVIT) is an Institute of repute in the state of Karnataka founded by Sri Krishnadevaraya Educational Trust (Sri KET) in 1986 . The institute offers nine B.E. degree programs in Civil, Mechanical, Electrical & Electronics, Electronics & Communication, Computer Science & Engg., Industrial Engineering & Management, Telecommunication, Information Science and Bio Technology and four Masters Programs in Computer Applications, Business Administration, Computer Integrated Manufacturing and Electronics.
The Institute is affiliated to Visvesvaraya Technological University and approved by All India Council for Technical Education, New Delhi and is accredited by National Board of Accreditation, New Delhi. Sir MVIT is an ISO 9001:2008 Certified Institution.
Sir MVIT is situated on a vast campus of 133 acres on the Bellary road near Air Force station, Yelahanka, close to Bengaluru International Airport (21 km from Bangalore city station). The institute has 2800 students & over 260 well-experienced faculty members, fully equipped labs (including project labs), seminar halls (For each department adequately equipped with multimedia facilities).
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
The department was set up in 1998 with an annual intake of 30 students and subsequently enhanced to 60. It offers an excellent academic environment to boost complete personality development, increase the capabilities and confidence of both the teachers and students to take up the challenges of the dynamic socio-technical world. To support creativity amongst the students, we have brought forth the departmental forum called “PRAYOG”.
- To develop professionals having good knowledge skills and attitude to be competent enough in the global environment, to serve the society and IT industry.
- To establish an environment for education and skill development on par with global environment.
- Providing state of art facilities, to achieve high quality in computer applications.
- To inculcate social and ethical responsibilities among the students to serve society and industry.
PROGRAMME EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES(PEO’S)
- PEO 1: Educate students to be successful computer application professional in a global environment.
- PEO 2: Enhance the student’s prospects for a career in academics and provide access to higher degrees by research programs and practice lifelong learning.
- PEO 3: Provide exposure to cutting edge technologies and training to work on multidisciplinary projects in a team.
- PEO 4: Develop a sense of social, ethical and professional responsibility with a capacity to demonstrate an understanding and application of the human dimension of technology and impact on mankind.
PROGRAMME OUTCOMES (PO’S)
- PO 1: An ability to apply knowledge of Mathematics, Data Structures, Algorithmic principles, Database Management & Programming Language.
- PO 2: An ability to use to Schedule and Manage a Project.
- PO 3: An ability to use techniques and skills necessary for Computer Applications.
- PO 4: An ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data.
- PO 5: An ability to design, implement and evaluate a computer based system, component or process to meet desired needs.
- PO 6: An ability to model and simulate real time systems to conduct experiments and analyze using modern tools.
- PO 7: An ability to design and construct a software system to meet desired needs, within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, ethical, health and safety and sustainability.
- PO 8: An understanding of professional, legal and ethical issues and responsibilities as it pertains to computer applications.
Dr. A. C. Chandrashekar Raju, President, Sri KET
Sri K. V. Sekhar Raju, Vice President, Sri KET
Sri K. Syama Raju, Secretary, Sri KET
Sri M. Venkataramana Raju, Treasurer, Sri KET
Dr. V. R. ManjunathB.E,M.Tech.,Ph.D(IIT Bombay),C.Eng.,FIE,LMISTE Sir MVIT
HEAD OF THE DEPARTMENT
Dr. Manjula Sanjay KotiMCA,M.Phil,Ph.D, LMISTE Professor & HOD,MCA Sir MVIT