SPOT has gone virtual!
Email us today to find out how you can get a college Ambassador in your virtual classroom!
Want to stay up to date with SPOT? Click the button below to signup for our listserv:
The West Virginia Science Public Outreach Team (WV SPOT) began in 2013 as a partnership between the Green Bank Observatory and NASA. We recruit and train WV undergraduates to bring presentations about current West Virginia science, technology, and engineering to West Virginia K-12 classrooms, museums, and youth programs. Since then, we have delivered 800 presentations and impacted the lives of more than 25,000 students!
Our team continues to grow thanks to dedicated sponsors, undergraduates, and teachers determined to bring role models and STEM activities into their classrooms.
"The West Virginia Science Public Outreach Team (WV SPOT) inspires an appreciation of STEM and STEM careers in K-12 students through the delivery of interactive presentations by undergraduate students, which highlight innovative science and engineering research in the Mountain State."
For K-12 Audiences:
(1) Increase awareness of and interest in STEM research, programs, and careers in West Virginia.
(2) Increase confidence with STEM topics.
(3) Increase exposure to college role models.
For College Ambassadors:
(1) Increase 21st century skills such as science communication, public speaking, autonomy, and ability to adapt.
(2) Increase science content knowledge.
(3) Improve resume and provide networking opportunities.