Wrestlenomics is the premiere source for business analysis of the pro-wrestling industry.
Wrestlenomics Radio is a podcast available for free on all major podcast platforms, hosted by Brandon Thurston (@brandonthurston) and formerly Chris "Mookie" Harrington (@mookieghana). It discusses pro-wrestling business news and key metrics for companies like WWE, NJPW, ROH, Impact, Lucha Underground, indies and more. The show is distributed as part of the Voices of Wrestling Podcast Network.
Wrestlenomics.com aims to be a convenient resource of records and links related to the pro-wrestling industry. We hope this website will be used by researchers, historians, writers and fans to better understand the industry.
Send feedback or contributions to email@example.com
- Indeed Wrestling blog: Mookie's pro wrestling analytics blog with posts going back to 2005.
- Mookie's pro-wrestling stats website: business stats, match results, contracts, awards records, star ratings, etc.
- Wrestlenomics Premium podcast episodes (2017-2018) RSS feed URL: https://www.patreon.com/rss/wrestlenomics?auth=BXwn7rqJ6OQ4qon11AUm9hCeCSstEwZA
- Showbuzzdaily Viewership for WWE Raw & Smackdown Sep 2014 - present: viewership and demographics data collected from Showbuzzdaily.com, updated periodically, compiled by Brandon Thurston
- Gerweck.net's TV ratings records: TV ratings records for WWE, WCW, TNA, 1998-2016
- Event Info spreadsheet: Records from prowrestlinghistory.com of top PPV buys, TV ratings, stadium attendance, Nippon Budokan attendance, Sumo Hall attendance
- WWE Touring Schedule 2018-2019 with color-coded show types: tentative upcoming WWE live event schedule via court filings, with show types extrapolated and color-coded.
- WWE main roster US & Canada attendance, 2004 - present: compiled by Wrestlenomics (via WWE corporate website)
- Wrestlemania paid attendance based on round numbers in KPIs, 2008-present: compiled by Wrestlenomics
- WWE NXT attendance, 2015 - present: compiled by Wrestlenomics (via SEC filings)
- NJPW attendance, May 2015 - present: compiled by @EvanDeadlySinsW (via NJPW official website)
- NJPW ticket prices: compiled by @EvanDeadlySinsW, for Osaka, Sumo Hall, Tokyo Dome
- ROH & other attendance, 2002-1H2019: compiled by Lavie Margolin (via Wrestling Observer Newsletter, profightdb.com and Wrestlingdata.com)
- Dragon Gate attendance, 2018: partially estimated, compiled by Brandon Thurston (via Dragon Gate official website)
- Google web search, 2004 - Q12019: For WWE, NJPW, ROH, Impact in regions worldwide, U.S., U.K., India, Japan and Canada
- WWE Financials 1995 - present: compiled by Wrestlenomics (via SEC filings)
- WWE Master Trending Schedules, 2002-2017: aggregated tables of WWE's revenue and profit streams
- WWE stock & major indexes, historical data (thru Oct 26, 2018): compiled by Brandon Thurston
- Earningscast.com's archive of WWE earnings call audio
- NJPW balance sheets, 2007-2018: compiled by Wrestlenomics
- Bushiroad IPO application: Japanese, auto-translated English
Select Wrestlenomics Articles:
- WWE Can Afford to Reclassify Talent and Improve Worker Conditions, 9 Apr 2019: Reclassifying WWE’s 215 contracted performers would cost the company, by an aggressive estimate, about $28.5 million in annual added expenses
- WWE Popularity Assessment, 4 Feb 2019: Showing evidence WWE's popularity declined from 2016 through 2018.
- Wrestling Lawsuit Research Tutorial, 5 Sep 2017: A guide to finding information on lawsuits.
- The Art of Intelligence repurposed for Wrestling Analysts, 13 Jan 2017: Applying lessons from a book on intelligence to work as a wrestling writer/reporter.
- Pro Wrestling Company Familiarity and Favorability Study, 5 Jan 2017: Survey results on 58 companies including WWE, NJPW, ROH, TNA, Lucha Underground and indies.
- Most matches in WWE and Injuries/Out, 4 Jan 2017: A study of the relationship between match frequency and injuries in WWE
- John Cena's Absence From WWE's House Shows Won't Significantly Hurt Revenue, 18 Jul 2016: John Cena had a significant positive effect on WWE house show attendance from at least 2011 to 2015.
- WWE TV Ratings No Longer Reflect Popularity, 20 Jun 2016: Declines in WWE TV viewership in 2016 didn't correlate with trends of other popularity metrics.
- Researching WWE Business News, 29 Apr 2016: A how-to on following WWE business.
- How much does it cost WWE to run a house show?, 28 Sep 2015: Calculating the cost of an average WWE house show.