Intersection of Technology and Learning
The following presentation was originally given to the WLC Teacher Advisory Dinner in October 2017.
In the presentation I try to lay out my thoughts about the idea that technology is changing education and I believe that many people would be surprised to hear what I think about that.
Learning Management Systems in Higher Education (Background / Best Practice)
Presented to the as a WLC Faculty Development Round Table on 2/21/2019. Focuses on some of the reasons to use an LMS within a face-to-face class as well as a few best practices to keep in mind when designing the course. Bottom line: The LMS is their to support good teaching, not replace it.
- EDUCAUSE Center for Analysis and Research Publications (ECAR)
- 2018 Students and Technology Research Study (ECAR)
- Foundations for a Next Generation Digital Learning Environment: Faculty, Students, and the LMS
- Understanding Faculty Use of the Learning Management System - Rhode, Richter, Gowen, Miller, Wills (2017).
- eThink Education (A Moodle Partner) Blog
- 7 LMS Best Practices from Leaders in Higher Education
- Capterra LMS Research
Active Learning via the Flipped Classroom Approach
- The Flipped Classroom: An Opportunity To Engage Millennial Students Through Active Learning Strategies - A. Roehl, S.L. Reddy, G.J. Shannon (2013)
- The “Flipped Classroom” – Learning the West Point Way - William A Cohen (2015)
- Bloom's Revised Taxonomy (Iowa State University Center for Excellence in Learning and Teaching)
- Flip your Classroom: Reach Every Student in Every Class Every Day - J. Bergmann, A. Samms (2012)