Jason Wirth - Home Inspector
Ostrander, Ohio 43061
Why Choose Wirth Inspections?
Since I have been a child, I have been known for being meticulous and pay extreme detail to everything in which I am involved. I want to make sure that every aspect of any inspection I do is done to completion and done in a way that is perfectly suited to your needs. I work hard and know that my reputation is at stake with every inspection. I will make sure that I cover all of the inspection details with you as the homeowner and ensure that you understand all details of my report. I am a very friendly person and expect you to approach me with any questions that you have about any and all components found inside and outside of your home.
What can you expect in a home inspection?
Instead of focusing on the aesthetics of the home, I will inspect the home for safety issues and components of the home that could possibly cost money in the future to repair. I will also point out any maintenance items inside and outside of the house that are especially useful to first-time homeowners. I encourage you to walk with me during the inspection as I point out potential problems or tips to make sure all of the components inside and outside of your home will last as long as possible.
The following is a sample list of items that will be inspected.
- The roof (walking on it if it is safe) and looking for leaks, aging or missing shingles
- The exterior for damage or moisture intrusion
- Heating, cooling, and electrical connections inside and outside of home
- The foundation for cracks and structural deficiencies
- The attic for proper insulation, structural integrity, and leaks
- The basement or crawlspace for vapor barriers and moisture penetration
- Plumbing and water supply (whether it is public or a private well)
- Doors, windows, and the interior of the home
If I miss anything, InterNACHI will buy your home back.
And now for the “fine print”:
- It's valid for home inspections performed for home buyers only by participating InterNACHI® members.
- The home must be listed for sale with a licensed real estate agent.
- The Guarantee excludes homes with material defects not present at the time of the inspection, or not required to be inspected, per InterNACHI's Residential Standards of Practice.
- The Guarantee will be honored for 90 days after closing.
- We'll pay you whatever price you paid for the home.
Why do you need a home inspector?
Buying an Existing home?
When you are purchasing a new home, it is good to know what issues should be corrected before you move in and what issues could be facing you in the near future. They may just be minor issues that you can fix yourself or issues that the homeowner can correct on their own. Or, perhaps it is a major issue that needs an expert to come repair the issue. Finally, you may just want to learn a little more about what you can expect in the future of owning your own home.
New Built Home Warranty?
Builders will generally give you 12 months to cover any problems within a new built home. After 11 months, it is a great idea to have an independent person come through with an unbiased opinion on the potential hazards and costly maintenance items. This is also a good time to learn the maintenance items within your house or outside of the house that will need your attention in the future. Why not find these things out before the warranty expires?
Renting a home, apartment, condo?
When you are going to rent a home for a long period of time, you want to make sure that the owners are aware of any safety issues that are present in the home before you move in. These issues could have been there the whole time or perhaps have arisen during the stay of the previous tenants.
Selling your home
Why not have the peace of mind of selling your home and fixing any problems before potential buyers begin forming a contract to buy your home? I can point out aspects of your home that other inspectors will find and recommend that you fix before the homeowner walks through your home. Having a home that is in terrific shape can save a lot of worry and expedite the process of selling your home.