Peace is every step.
Breathe, you are online!
Welcome to the Winding Path Sangha (formerly the Iowa City Sangha) in Iowa City, Iowa, founded in the Plum Village tradition of Vietnamese teacher Thích Nhất Hạnh, or 'Thay'.
Please join us at 7 p.m. Wednesdays for meditation at Trinity Episcopal Church in Iowa City, and 10 a.m. the first Saturday of every month at Hickory Hill Park's east entrance for Walking Meditation followed by coffee and conversation at Lucky's Market. Details for recurring events are available on our Meetup page at https://www.meetup.com/meditate-in-Iowa-City/.
Here are other upcoming events, some of which may not be directly associated with our Sangha, that may be of interest:
- The Winding Path Sangha Women’s Group meets at different times twice each month, offering a morning and evening option. The group meets at 9:30 a.m. on the second Friday of each month and at 5:30 p.m. on the fourth Friday each month, both times at the High Grounds Cafe, 310 E. Market St., Iowa City. All are welcome, regardless whether you’re part of the Winding Path Sangha. For more information, contact Kimberly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Winding Path Sangha Mindful Men's Group meets 8 a.m. on the second and fourth Sundays of each month at the Bread Garden Market, 225 S. Linn St. The group is for anyone who wants to be more present and compassionate in their lives, providing support, reflection, conversation, laughter, and lasting friendship. All are welcome. More at https://www.meetup.com/meditate-in-Iowa-City/events/wdtwzpyxlbjc/.
- Snowflower Sangha Annual Fall Retreat, October 12-14, 2018. The theme is: "What Zen? Suggestions from the Buddha, Thay and the Zen Tradition on Living Mindfully in Chaotic Times." It will be held at Bethel Horizons in Dodgeville, Wisconsin, and will feature Dharma Teacher Jack Lawlor. More at https://snowflower.org/calendar/retreats/.
- Mindful Men Weekend, November 9-11: Details are evolving, but this weekend will bring together up to 11 men (the capacity of the cabin we've rented at Backbone State Park in Dundee, Iowa) to take part in sitting, walking, and eating meditation; readings and discussions about our practice and how we apply it to our lives as sons, fathers, partners, etc.; opportunities to hike, play, and sit around a campfire. Estimated cost per person is $40, which will cover cabin rental, vegan meals and snacks, beverages and refreshments, and other expenses. This is an alcohol-free event. If interested, please contact Stephen Pradarelli at email@example.com to be added to a list that will be alerted when registration opens.
- Save The Date! Saturday, March 2, 2019: Dharma Teacher Jack Lawlor is tentatively scheduled to lead a Day of Mindfulness, the first hosted by the Winding Path Sangha in the Iowa City area, at the Unitarian Universalist Society in Coralville, our co-host for the event. Details soon.
Thích Nhất Hạnh, or 'Thay'