Peace is every step.
Breathe, you are online!
Welcome to the Winding Path Sangha in Iowa City, Iowa, founded in the Plum Village tradition of Vietnamese teacher Thích Nhất Hạnh, or 'Thay', in 2016.
Here are upcoming events and activities, some of which may not be directly associated with our Sangha, that may be of benefit to you and your practice.
- Join a six-week exploration of Tara Brach's book, "Radical Acceptance: Embracing Life with the Heart of the Buddha" (2004), from 5-6 p.m. Thursdays September 19 through October 24, tentatively scheduled in the second floor conference room of the Wesley Center, 120 North Dubuque Street, Iowa City. Visit our Meetup page for details.
- The Snowflower Sangha's (Madison) annual retreat will be held this year Friday to Sunday, October 18-20, at Bethel Horizons retreat center in Dodgeville, Wisconsin. Teacher Jack Lawlor will lead. Details, when available, will be posted at https://snowflower.org/retreats/.
- Teachers Davis Haskin and Stephen Starr will lead an overnight Mindful Man Retreat November 2-3 with the theme "When You Don’t Get What You Want." The event will be held at Cedar Valley Retreat Center in West Bend, Wisconsin. Details available in this flyer and on the Mindful Man website.
- Please join us at 7 p.m. Wednesdays for meditation at Trinity Episcopal Church in Iowa City, and 10 a.m. the first Saturday of every month for Walking Meditation at Hickory Hill Park' followed by coffee and conversation at the HyVee Market Grille, 1125 N Dodge St.
- The Winding Path Sangha Women’s Group meets once a month--on the second Friday at 5:30 p.m. at High Grounds Cafe, 310 E. Market St., Iowa City. All are welcome, regardless whether you’re part of the Winding Path Sangha. For more information, contact Sarah at email@example.com .
- The Winding Path Sangha Mindful Men's Group meets 8 a.m. on the second and fourth Sundays of each month at the Bread Garden Market, 225 S. Linn St. The group is for anyone who wants to be more present and compassionate in their lives, providing support, reflection, conversation, laughter, and lasting friendship. All are welcome. More at https://www.meetup.com/meditate-in-Iowa-City/events/wdtwzpyxlbjc/.
- An open, 20-minute meditation time, hosted by Sangha member Aaron McNally, is held at 10 a.m. on the third Saturday of every month, typically at the Iowa City Public Library and occasionally at the Coralville Public Library. Attendees are invited to meet for coffee and conversation after the one-hour meditation. For details, please join or check the Winding Path Sangha Meetup site.
Thích Nhất Hạnh, or 'Thay'