Peace is every step.
The Mindful Men's group will meet as scheduled Sunday, November 24, but all other Sangha activities are cancelled for the week of November 25-29. Wishing everyone a healthy and peaceful holiday week.
Breathe, you are online!
Welcome to the Winding Path Sangha in Iowa City, Iowa, founded in the Plum Village tradition of Vietnamese teacher Thích Nhất Hạnh, or 'Thay', in 2016.
Here are upcoming events and activities, some of which may not be directly associated with our Sangha, that may be of benefit to you and your practice.
- Please join us for an exploration of beloved Buddhist teacher, author, and nun Pema Chödrön's new book, "Welcoming the Unwelcome: Wholehearted Living in a Brokenhearted World." Led by Sangha members Jeff Mallory and Jack Terndrup, the group will meet at the Wesley Center on Thursdays from 5 to 6 p.m. November 14 through December 19 (skipping the Thursday of Thanksgiving), for a total of five meetings. The goal is to cover about 30 pages of the book each week. More details here.
- Please join us at 7 p.m. Wednesdays for meditation at Trinity Episcopal Church in Iowa City, and 10 a.m. the first Saturday of every month for Walking Meditation at Hickory Hill Park' followed by coffee and conversation at the HyVee Market Grille, 1125 N Dodge St.
- The Winding Path Sangha Women’s Group meets once a month--on the second Friday at 5:30 p.m. at High Grounds Cafe, 310 E. Market St., Iowa City. All are welcome, regardless whether you’re part of the Winding Path Sangha. For more information, contact Sarah at email@example.com .
- The Winding Path Sangha Mindful Men's Group meets 8 a.m. on the second and fourth Sundays of each month at the Bread Garden Market, 225 S. Linn St. The group is for anyone who wants to be more present and compassionate in their lives, providing support, reflection, conversation, laughter, and lasting friendship. All are welcome. More at https://www.meetup.com/meditate-in-Iowa-City/events/wdtwzpyxlbjc/.
- An open, 20-minute meditation time, hosted by Sangha member Aaron McNally, is held at 10 a.m. on the third Saturday of every month, typically at the Iowa City Public Library and occasionally at the Coralville Public Library. Attendees are invited to meet for coffee and conversation after the one-hour meditation. For details, please join or check the Winding Path Sangha Meetup site.
Thích Nhất Hạnh, or 'Thay'