Peace is every step.
Breathe, you are online!
Welcome to the Winding Path Sangha (formerly the Iowa City Sangha) in Iowa City, Iowa, founded in the Plum Village tradition of Vietnamese teacher Thích Nhất Hạnh, or 'Thay'. Please join us at 7 p.m. Wednesdays for meditation at Trinity Episcopal Church in Iowa City. Here are some other upcoming events that may be of interest:
- The Winding Path Sangha book discussion group is meeting 5-6 p.m. Thursdays through March 8 at the Wesley Center, 120 North Dubuque Street, Iowa City, for an exploration of Pema Chödrön’s book "The Places that Scare You: A Guide to Fearlessness in Difficult Times." Led by Sangha member Janis Russell, the group is open to anyone, with or without a copy of the book.
- Day of Mindfulness, March 3, Davenport, Iowa. Annual event hosted by the Prairie River Sangha and featuring Jack Lawlor, a teacher based in Chicago who received transmission from Thich Nhat Hanh. Register by March 1.
- Walk with Me, the meditative film on the life of Thich Nhat Hanh and the Plum Village monastics, will be shown at the Figge Art Museum in Davenport: at 6 p.m. Thursday, March 15, and at 2 p.m. Saturday, March 24. The film is free, courtesy of our friends with the Prairie River Sangha. A trailer for the film is available at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9V4cKTffLU&feature=youtu.be
- SnowFlower Day of Mindfulness: "The Joy of Engaged Practice," 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday, March 17, Holy Wisdom Monastery, Middleton, Wisconsin, with Dharma Teachers Gloria Green and David Haskin.
- The Deep Ethics of Mindful Living, an overnight Mindful Man Retreat, March 24-25, Cedar Valley Retreat Center, West Bend, Wisconsin. Led by David Haskin and Hal Dessel.
- In Mindfulness: Nourishing the Earth, Nourishing Others, Nourishing Ourselves, May 4-6, Plano, Illinois. Jack and Laurie Lawlor lead this weekend retreat at LaSalle Manor Retreat Center. “Celebrate spring while immersing yourself in mindfulness in a beautiful country setting. This primarily silent weekend includes setting meditation, indoor and outdoor walking meditation, Dharma talks, and small group discussion. Meditation instruction is provided.” Registration deadline is April 25.
Thích Nhất Hạnh, or 'Thay'