Peace is every step.
Breathe, you are online!
Welcome to the Winding Path Sangha in Iowa City, Iowa, founded in the Plum Village tradition of Vietnamese teacher Thích Nhất Hạnh, or 'Thay'.
Please join us at 7 p.m. Wednesdays for meditation at Trinity Episcopal Church in Iowa City, and 10 a.m. the first Saturday of every month for Walking Meditation at Hickory Hill Park' followed by coffee and conversation at the HyVee Market Grille, 1125 N Dodge St.
Here are other upcoming events and news, some of which may not be directly associated with our Sangha but could be of benefit to you and your practice:
- Sangha member Janis Russell is graciously opening up her home garden for an hour of silence, surrounded by beautiful flowers, birds, and butterflies, from 8 to 9 a.m. Sunday, August 25, in Iowa City. Details on our Meetup page.
- The Winding Path Sangha Women’s Group meets once a month--on the second Friday at 5:30 p.m. at High Grounds Cafe, 310 E. Market St., Iowa City. All are welcome, regardless whether you’re part of the Winding Path Sangha. For more information, contact Sarah at email@example.com .
- The Winding Path Sangha Mindful Men's Group meets 8 a.m. on the second and fourth Sundays of each month at the Bread Garden Market, 225 S. Linn St. The group is for anyone who wants to be more present and compassionate in their lives, providing support, reflection, conversation, laughter, and lasting friendship. All are welcome. More at https://www.meetup.com/meditate-in-Iowa-City/events/wdtwzpyxlbjc/.
- An open, 20-minute meditation time, hosted by Sangha member Aaron McNally, is held at 10 a.m. on the third Saturday of every month, typically at the Iowa City Public Library but occasionally elsewhere. Attendees are invited to meet for coffee and conversation after the one-hour meditation. For details, please join or check the Winding Path Sangha Meetup site.
- The Snowflower Sangha's (Madison) annual retreat will be held this year Friday to Sunday, October 18-20, at Bethel Horizons retreat center in Dodgeville, Wisconsin. Teacher Jack Lawlor will lead. Details, when available, will be posted at https://snowflower.org/retreats/.
Thích Nhất Hạnh, or 'Thay'