Peace is every step.
Breathe, you are online!
Welcome to the Winding Path Sangha (formerly the Iowa City Sangha) in Iowa City, Iowa, founded in the Plum Village tradition of Vietnamese teacher Thích Nhất Hạnh, or 'Thay'.
Please join us at 7 p.m. Wednesdays for meditation at Trinity Episcopal Church in Iowa City, and 10 a.m. the first Saturday of every month for Walking Meditation at Hickory Hill Park' followed by coffee and conversation at the HyVee Market Grille, 1125 N Dodge St. (Note that meeting place for the walk and coffee have changed; please visit our Meetup page for details) Details for recurring events are available on our Meetup page at https://www.meetup.com/meditate-in-Iowa-City/.
Here are other upcoming events and news, some of which may not be directly associated with our Sangha but may be of interest:
- New! Effective in April 2019, the Winding Path Sangha Women’s Group will now meet once a month--on the second Friday at 5:30 p.m. at High Grounds Cafe, 310 E. Market St., Iowa City. All are welcome, regardless whether you’re part of the Winding Path Sangha. For more information, contact Sarah at firstname.lastname@example.org .
- The Winding Path Sangha Mindful Men's Group meets 8 a.m. on the second and fourth Sundays of each month at the Bread Garden Market, 225 S. Linn St. The group is for anyone who wants to be more present and compassionate in their lives, providing support, reflection, conversation, laughter, and lasting friendship. All are welcome. More at https://www.meetup.com/meditate-in-Iowa-City/events/wdtwzpyxlbjc/.
- For six weeks, from 5-6 p.m. Thursdays, April 25 through May 30, the Winding Path Sangha will lead a book discussion of Frank Ostaseski's book, "The Five Invitations: Discovering What Death Can Teach Us About Living Fully," at the University of Iowa Wesley Center, 120 N. Dubuque St., Iowa City. Please bring your own copy of the book. For a schedule of chapters we'll read each meeting, and to RSVP, visit our Meetup page here.
- Upcoming Retreats (Winding Path Sangha Members who wish to attend a retreat but who lack funds may apply for a scholarship by sending an email to email@example.com or talking with Stephen)
- Lakeside Buddha Sangha, home of teacher Jack Lawlor, will hold its annual retreat May 3-5 at the LaSalle Manor Retreat Center, Plano, Illinois, with the title, “In Deep Gratitude: Celebrating the Teachings of the Venerable Thich Nhat Hanh.” Details available here.
- The Honey Locust Sangha in Omaha will hold its annual retreat May 16-19 at the Griswold Retreat Center in Iowa, with the theme, “Choose Kindness, Claim Freedom,” featuring former Plum Village monastic Michael Ciborski. Details available here.
- The Smiling Dandelion Sangha in Oshkosh, Wisconsin, will hold its annual retreat June 7-9, led by Janice Sheppard and Steven Spiro. The topic this year is “Roots and Wings: Grounded and Opened: Serenity and Insight.” For details, please see this online flyer.
- Snowflower Sangha in Madison, Wisconsin, will host Plum Village monastics from the Blue Cliff Monastery in New York for a weekend retreat titled “Harmony in our home, Joy in the World,” June 29-30. For registration details, visit https://snowflower.org/event/retreat-with-blue-cliff-monastics/
Thích Nhất Hạnh, or 'Thay'