Data Intelligence Lab
Welcome to the Data Intelligence Lab!
Mission statement: to push the boundaries of data intelligence research and train the next leaders from KAIST
Our research lies in the intersection of Big Data/Databases and Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning. In particular, we are interested in various data management challenges that arise in a machine learning life cycle.
We are looking for experienced Post-docs and highly-motivated Masters and PhD students. If you are interested in joining the DI Lab, please read this first. Here is our lab fair poster designed by my students.
- [2018/9] Recipient of Google AI Focused Research Award (first in Asia, press)
- [2018/8] Welcoming our new student Byungkyu Lee!
- [2018/8] Slice Finder: Automated Data Slicing for Model Validation paper accepted to IEEE ICDE 2019 (Top-3 conference in Databases)
- [2018/8] Proud to be supported by the NRF through the AI ERC program for 6 years (KAIST MARS AI Integrated Research Center)
- [2018/7] Proud to be supported by SK Telecom (Large-scale image-based data labeling for component defect classification)
- [2018/6] Invited talk and panel at the AI with Google Conference (homepage, press 1, press 2, slides) with Jeff Dean
- [2018/6] Welcoming our new student Yuji Roh!
- [2018/5] Data Management Challenges in Production Machine Learning: A Survey paper accepted to ACM SIGMOD Record (SCIE)
- [2018/3] Interview (in Korean) with the KAIST EE Newsletter
- [2018/2] Gave an invited talk at DGIST
- [2018/2] Welcoming our first students Geon Heo and Ki Hyun Tae!