Community Redevelopment Of Wethersfield Shop
"Our Village is for living not just for sleeping"
CROWS Committee has been established with the intention of creating a community run shop, with postal services, café facilities and take-away refreshments capacities.
We have launched our Community Share Offer Scheme to raise the necessary funds to open a community shop.
Our intention is to create a shop that will serve the needs of the whole community.
The shop will offer:
- quality local produce and appropriate store cupboard items
- local farmers and producers an outlet to sell to local people
- training and development opportunities to volunteers
- the opportunity for daily connection with others to those who feel isolated
- access to less mobile and disabled people
- local young people will be able to gain valuable work experience in the shop
CROWS MEETING DATES:
19th September 2018, 7.30 at Wethersfield Club.
3rd October 2018, 7.30 at Wethersfield Club.
17th October 2018, 7.30 at Wethersfield Club.
If you want to discuss items at a CROWS meeting please email details to: firstname.lastname@example.org we ask that you give a minimum of three days notice.
Why we carried out a survey
The survey was the first step in ascertaining local requirements. We needed to know local views on whether there is enough support for a local shop, what provisions should be stocked and preferred opening times. The data collated will not be shared with any third parties, this information will only be used to form a basis for our shop development.
The survey is now closed.
Survey findings will be published on this website.
- 57% will use the shop 2-3 times per week
- 75% want to buy local produce
- 92% want access to postal services
- 84% say a shop is essential to our community
- 91% want to see the shop as part of the Village Hall
- 81% of the surveys returned are from Wethersfield Village
Full details viewable on survey page link.156 Surveys were completed and returned