Dr Dejan Vukobratovic
Address: Trg Dositeja Obradovica 6, 21 000 Novi Sad, Serbia |
Email: dejanv at uns dot ac dot rs | Tel: +381 (0)60 0820500 | Skype: dejan.vukobratovic |
News & Activities:
- 12 May 2018: Our paper "Visible Light Communication Based Indoor Positioning via Compressed Sensing" is featured by MIT Technology Review as one of the 5 most thought-provoking papers of the week published on arXiv: MIT Technology Review Link.
- 24/25 April 2018: iCONIC centre internal Spring Workshop brought together researchers related to iCONIC to present their ongoing research: Workshop Program.
- December 2017: A new iCONIC (intelligent Communications, Networking and Information Processing) research centre established at Faculty of Technical Sciences. It will gather 17 staff members and focus on i) massive communications (massive IoT, cellular MTC), ii) large-scale information processing (cloud and edge computing), and iii) reconfigurable hardware design and system implementation. More info to come soon...
- October 2017: Mirsad Cosovic won the Best Student Paper Award at IEEE SmartGridComm 2017 in Dresden! Congratulations!
- September 2017: Guest editor - Wireless Communications and Mobile Computing - Special Issue on Slicing in Modern Cellular Networks
- September 2017: Guest editor - Wireless Communications and Mobile Computing - Special Issue on Machine Learning for Communication Performance Enhancements
- August 2017: I was external PhD committee member at University of Strathclyde, PhD candidate: Dr Shikha Sarkar, supervisors Dr Lina Stankovic and Prof Ivan Andonovic.
- June-August 2017: I'm visiting Ramboll UK and University of Strathclyde, Glasgow, as part of H2020 SENSIBLE project.
- June 2017: Keynote speaker at INTSIKT 2017 event (Talk: 5G IoT: Pushing the Reliability and Delay Limits of Wireless Technology for Future Cyber-Physical Systems)
- January 2017: Our group is involved in H2020 Research and Innovation Staff Exchange network "SENSIBLE" that kick-started in January 2017. During next 4 years we will exchange staff with University of Sydney, Tongji University - Shanghai, National Institute of Informatics - Tokyo, McGill University - Montreal, Ramboll UK and Scheidt and Bachmann Slovakia.
- October 2016: Keynote speaker at BIHTEL 2016 conference (Talk: Internet of Things for 5G and Beyond: Should Communications and Data Analysis Remain Separated?)
- May 2016: 2016 Award for Research Excellence, Faculty of Technical Sciences, University of Novi Sad. Video link:
- December 2015: I visited the group of Prof. Mehul Motani and gave a talk "Recent trends in Slotted ALOHA with applications in Small Cell Networks" at Dept of Electrical and Computer Engineering, National University of Singapore (15.12.2015).
- August 2015: I spent one month visiting Dr Vladimir Stankovic, University of Strathclyde, Glasgow.
- July 2015: I spent one month visiting Prof. Aleksandra Pizurica, Ghent University, Belgium.
- June 2015: COST IC1104 meeting "Recent Advances in Practical Network Coding and Distributed Storage" in Novi Sad, 01-02. June 2015.
- March 2015: Invited talk "Codes on Random Geometric Graphs" at ALCOMA 2015, Kloster-Banz, Germany