Microelectronics and VLSI Group at IIT Ropar
Micro @ EE IIT Ropar
Microelectronics group at IIT Ropar offer diverse area of expertise in the area of microelectronics and VSLI, including, but not limited to analog VLSI design, digital design, interconnects, biosensors, high-speed circuits.
Apart from offering VLSI related courses for UG students, the group also offers:
- M.Tech program in Microelectronics and VLSI Design (starting from 2019-2020)
- PhD program
People @ Micro
- Design of high-speed chip-chip and 3D interconnects
- Technology development for high-performance electrical connectivity
- Communication schemes for multi-core architecture
Research @ Micro
Analog and mixed signal IC design: Faculty members: Dr. Devarshi Das, Dr. Mahendra Sakre, Dr. Vinayak Hande
Interconnects: Faculty members: Dr. Rohit Y Sharma
Nanoscale device modelling: Faculty members: Dr. Brajesh Rawat
High speed IC design: Faculty members: Dr. Mahendra Sakre
Digital VLSI design: Faculty members: Dr. Neeraj Goel
Neuromorphic computing: Faculty members: Dr. Devarshi Das
Research Projects and Publications
For publications, please visit webpage of individual faculty member. Some representative works are shown below
Facilities @ Micro
- Devices and Circuits Characterization Lab
- VLSI Design Lab
- Analog and Digital Circuits Lab
- Digital Design Lab
- Cadence Design Suite
- HDL simulator
- Ansys high-frequency and low-frequency EM solvers
- Synopsys university bundle
- Xilinx Vivado suite
- Mentor Graphics
- NI Virtual Bench
Hardware and instruments
- FPGA boards
- Xilinx Virtex-5 FPGA boards (8 nos.)
- Xilinx - Zed boards
- Xilinx VC 707
- BASYS boards
- Cascade DC Probe Station
- State of the computers and servers
Join us @ Micro
As PhD student
Admissions: PhD students are admitted twice in year (winter and summer admission). For advertisement details, elligibility, time line. etc. follow the institute website.
- Shortlisting is done based on application form
- Written test (Syllabus of written test is GATE in EC)
- Interview : Those who pass the written test are called for personal interview
As M.Tech. student
Microelctronics and VLSI group offer a very vibrant M.Tech program in Microelectronics and VLSI Design. The program offer wide range of core and elective subjects with one year of final project. More details about the program is available at following link.
- Candidates with B. Tech./B.E or M. Sc. in Electronics and Communication Engineering or Computer Science Engineering or equivalent with valid GATE score in EC/EE/IN are eligible to apply.
- Shortlisting is done based on GATE score
As Project Position
Currently there is no opening for project position. If there is any opening, it will be notified here.
Why should you join Micro@IIT Ropar:
Student benefits for PhD:
- All institute scholars get scholarship as per the norms of MHRD.
- Enhanced scholarship under some schemes and external agencies like Vishvesariya fellowships.
- Support for attending national and international conferences.
- Student accommodation is provided based on availability.
Healthy research environment:
- Young and dynamic faculty with world class experience in research.
- Diverse areas of research and excellent track record.
- State of the art computing infrastructure.
- Small department gives flexibility to have more interaction with faculty mentor.
- World class digital library – all major journals are available.
- Opportunities to connect with industry.
- Wide range of eminent international visitors.
- EE department is functioning from permanent campus of IIT Ropar that is build in more than 500 acres of land and has got state of the art buildings and infrastructure
- Ropar is a historical town on the bank of river Satluj, big enough to fulfill all sufficient requirements and small enough to avoid pollution and distractions of a metro city.
- Ropar is well connected to all parts of India via rail/road/air. Chandigarh airport is at one hour drive from IIT Ropar.
- Ropar is gateway for many hill stations, like Kullu, Manali, Dharamshala. Other tourist locations like Amritser, Patiala are at couple of hours drive away.