Welcome to the Ministry of Education Unit Fractions Virtual Learning Session.
What this session is
We are delighted to have you join us for this virtual learning session. In a shift from other sessions, we have decided to offer this through Google Sites. This allows you to progress through the session at your own speed (although we have included suggested times). During the live session on October 5 from 9:30 - 11:30, we added our own comments to participant input throughout the session. You can view these pages but they are not open for editing.
Ahead of the session, we sent an email with documents to print for the session. These documents are important to support your learning throughout the session. Please ensure you have a copy of each per participant:
- Math for Teaching: Ways We Use Fractions
- Math Teaching for Learning: Building Understanding of Unit Fractions
- Fractions Learning Pathways
- Unit Fractions Across the K-12 Curriculum
- Partitioning Shapes and Composing Fractions on the Number Line using Unit Fractions
In addition, it would be helpful if you had a copy of Paying Attention to Fractions on hand.