There are many benefits to volunteering at Unicon19 at Ansan!
- You get good karma for helping out your fellow unicyclists
- Meals will be provided for all 4-hour shifts (a limited number vegetarian)
- If you volunteer for 20+ hours (five 4-hour shifts), you get a cool volunteer t-shirt from Unicon19
- If you volunteer for 24+ hours (six 4-hour shifts), you get to take part in the Unicon19 After Party with the organizers and directors. It will be held in the main Unicon19 tent, and we will provide a selection of cold Korean drinks (both alcoholic and not). ;)
The volunteer card
We track hours using volunteer cards that are signed by event directors or organizers when you check into and out of a volunteer shift.
Where to get your card(s)
You will receive 1 "free" card in your Registration packet. Otherwise, an Event Director or staff member will have a card for you when you check in to your shift.
How to know what shifts are available
We will have sign-up sheets at Registration where you can sign up for as many shifts as you want. Otherwise, we will also have sign-ups available at the Info Point. Please feel free to drop by and see what shifts are available.
How to use your card(s)
How to use the volunteer card:
- Fill out your ID, name, the job, and date for your shift
- Take the card to the event director or designated staff member. They will write the time when you check in to your shift and write their initials.
- When you're finished, take the card back to a staff member. They will write your checkout time and initial it.
- Take the signed card to the Info Point to have the hours added to your Unicon19 volunteer-hours bank account!