HOME Project is Helping Others, a Methodist Experience
Who We Are - We are a non-profit organization based in Ft. Bend County, Texas committed to making a difference in the lives of our clients. We are an all volunteer organization. We have no paid staff. All work is done by people who just want to help other people.
What We Do - Each spring a group of volunteers donate their time, skills and money to repair the homes of our neighbors
What does it stand for - H.O.M.E. means Helping Others, a Methodist Experience. This mission was organized by members of Methodist churches in Ft. Bend County as a way to serve the community.
Volunteering for a H.O.M.E. Project workday is a simple as filling out the registration form and then showing up at the host church the morning of the workday. The 2017 Workday will be May 6th, 2017. Show up at Christ Church Sugar Land @ 7am. There you will eat breakfast, make a sack lunch, meet your Site Supervisor and other work team members. From there you will leave for the job site and go off to make a difference in someones life.
Suggested things to bring on workday:
- Wear proper clothes. Jeans, long sleeve shirts and boots are always a good idea.
- Bring a change of clothes if possible. You will get dirty.
- Bring any and all tools that you and your Site Supervisor have previously discussed.
- Bring plenty of bottled water for you and for a friend.
- Bring SUNSCREEN and BUG SPRAY.
- Bring a smile for the home owner.
- Be prepared to travel to the nearest restaurant for rest room breaks.