University High School
2020 Graduation Information and Links
The faculty sponsor for graduation and graduation-related senior events is Lisa Volkening. If you have questions that are not answered below, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Info for Students:
- Registration for Grad Night is now open! bit.ly/uhsgradnight2020
- Parents, email email@example.com to be added to a graduation information mailing list. Please also add that email to your contacts so that it does not go to spam. You will be added to the Google Group https://groups.google.com/d/forum/uhs2020parents (so you could just go there and request to join directly).
- Please attend the parent/guardian informational meetings on EITHER Thursday, February 6th or Wednesday, February 12th from 6:30 to 7:30 PM in the RUHS auditorium. At these meetings parents/guardians will hear about the ceremony, senior declaration night, Grad Night, etc. GRADUATION TICKETS WILL BE DISTRIBUTED AT THE END OF THE MEETINGS.
- Good news! Due to this senior class being smaller than in past years, each graduate will be allotted 8 tickets, not 7! If you want more than 8 tickets, other families will have to give them to you - there are no extras. I am keeping a running list of extra tickets requests at http://bit.ly/extratickets2020 . Please contact someone on that list if you have tickets you don't need. If you want to get on the list, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Our vendor for cap/gowns and other graduation supplies is https://rembrandtgrad.com/ . The only thing your student MUST have is a cap, gown, and tassel, but Rembrandt Grad also has things like personalized graduation announcements and souvenirs. They are still taking late orders until January 25th, but that is the absolute last day. They will also be selling tassels only for $10 in the spring.
- Registration for Grad Night is now open at bit.ly/uhsgradnight2020 . Registration is now $100. There are reduced fee registrations available for students that need them - see Ms. Volkening in room 108.
- To make a tax-deductible donation to Grad Night, please go here: http://bit.ly/uhsgradnightdonation . You can get your company or personal name on the back of the T-shirt with a $200 or more donation of cash or equivalent in goods/services.
- The University High School Parents' Association is in charge of graduation and Grad Night. Visit their website at https://uhsparents.wordpress.com/
- Check out the calendar below. It is public, so you can even add it to your own Google Calendar app. Just hit the +GoogleCalendar button in the bottom right-hand corner.
The Graduation Ceremony (this is the most up-to-date information, but it may change)
Location: Centennial Hall, 1020 E University Blvd Tucson, AZ 85721
Date: Thursday, May 21, 2020
Time: Graduates need to arrive by 5:30 PM, but the doors open for guest seating at 6 PM. Seating is open, so there are no reserved seats. The ceremony begins at 7 PM.
Parking: The closest garages are Tyndall and Main Gate, which will have a fee. Some surface lots in the UA area are free after 5 PM, but they are not close to Centennial Hall. In the past UA Parking Department has allowed handicapped parking for $5 in the lot right next to Centennial Hall, but we have no way of knowing if they will do so again, or how many spots there will be.
Tickets: Every graduate is allocated 8 tickets, and every guest needs a ticket (including people in wheelchairs and young children). Graduates do not need a ticket, and neither do babies under 12 months old that can be held on a lap (they cannot be left in a stroller). If there is a remainder of tickets, they will be randomly assigned (so some graduates will get 9). Tickets will be distributed at parent meetings on February 6th and 12th 6:30PM – 7:30 PM in the RUHS auditorium (you choose which meeting to attend; they are identical).
The ceremony should end between 8:30 and 8:50 PM and buses will take the graduates away to Centennial Hall around 9:15 PM.
Livestream: The ceremony will be livestreamed, definitely on the UHS Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/uhsfaa/) but possibly on other platforms as well.