Greetings to all members of the UDTS community! This section of our website will prepare for your upcoming August Residency. Please keep in mind when making travel plans that students are expected to attend class from Monday, August 5 - Friday, August 16 (final classes end at 4:30, 5:00 and 6:00 pm) -- these are not travel days, please plan to leave after final classes - possibly Saturday. Also, the August Residency pre-load runs from July 15 to August 2. Post-load runs from August 19 through August 30.
New Student Arrival Times
The on-campus phase of the New Student Orientation begins with registration and a welcome dinner on Saturday, August 3, starting at 5:00 p.m. in the Welch Dining Room of the Myers Teaching and Administrative Center.
Returning Student Arrival Times
All returning students are encouraged to attend the University’s IMPACT Worship Service on Sunday, August 4, at 5:30 p.m. in Alumni Hall, and join the new incoming students in a service of renewal of baptismal vows. Food and fellowship will follow. Consider planning your travels and arrival times being mindful of this opening event.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ):
- What time is check-in and check-out at the Best Western PLUS? Guaranteed check-in is at 3:00 p.m. The check-out time is at 12:00 noon.
- Can I room with another student and get a discount? Yes, this is allowed at the Best Western for only $10.00 extra per day for one additional adult. If you choose to share a room, negotiate with your roommate who is going call the hotel to make the reservation and put it on their credit card.
- What time is breakfast served at the Best Western PLUS? During the week, breakfast is served from 6:00 to 10:00 am. On weekends, breakfast is served from 7:00 to 10:30 am.
- Will breakfast food be available on campus if I don’t eat at the Best Western? During weekdays, students are welcome to purchase coffee and juices, apples/bananas, pastries, muffins, scones,croissants, and hot breakfast sandwiches in Sylvia’s Common Ground Coffee Shop located adjacent to the Charles C. Myers Library. Sylvia’s will be open Monday-Friday from 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Whom should I call if I need or miss the shuttle? Students will be asked to communicate directly with Best Western PLUS at 563-557-8000. If an emergency situation call Nicky Story 563.580.6042.
- How often will sheets be laundered and my room cleaned? As part of the Best Western PLUS commitment to being environmentally conscious, guests will be asked what two days each week they would like full service upon check-in. Rooms will be fully cleaned on these days and sheets will be changed. Please know that guests are welcome to make additional requests as needed.
- What do I do if I have a problem with my hotel room or have questions about the services? First, talk to hotel staff to see if they can resolve the issue. Second, contact Tina Gau, General Manager, at 563-557-8000, Ext. 511.
- What do I do if I have special dietary needs for the on-campus luncheons and other events? If presently known, please indicate any special dietary needs/allergies on the Residency Information Form.
Complete and submit the Residency Information Form today if you have not already.
Make your hotel reservation at the Best Western PLUS today if you have not already -the hotel is expected to fill up.
Lunch will be provided Monday through Friday from 11:45 a.m. to 1:00 p.m., in the Straatmeyer Room of the Heritage Center.
Current students will affirm that our luncheon venue provides for meaningful times of table fellowship complemented by a customized menu for students. This year all students are expected to attend the daily luncheons, unless circumstances dictate otherwise. There is no additional charge for student lunches since you have paid for these in part through your student fees, so come relax and be well nourished for your intensive studies. Local dinner options include the may good eateries and groceries in Dubuque. Some students plan potluck or picnic together. Also, there are no on-campus meal options on the weekends.