Saniflo problems? We can help
Saniflo and other branded Macerator Units repaired and replaced in Scarborough. We offer a comprehensive 24 hr service to customers experiencing problems with Saniflo Macerators in the Scarborough area and can help you with blocked pipes, growling noises, overflowing units and electrical problems offering a fast, convenient service.
How a macerator works
Macerators offer a solution to some of the problems associated with adding extra toilets and bathrooms to homes and commercial premises such as hotels and offices where conventional soil pipework cannot be accommodated. Waste from a standard toilet is passed into the unit on flushing and macerated by sharp blades not unlike those found in a blender. The motor is triggered by a float switch inside the cabinet as the level of water and waste rises to a certain level and is then pumped out through a 22mm diameter pipe (depending on the type of installation) which then connects to a traditional waste or soil pipe into your sewer.
What can go wrong?
There can be many causes for a failed unit:
- Incorrect installation - may not be immediately obvious but can over time compound other problems, usually blockages.
- Foreign objects - the user may have flushed something other than poo, wee and toilet paper, if so the unit could be jammed or fouling, it is even possible that the object has been 'blended' to some extent and is now causing a blockage in the transit pipework to the drain.
- Poor maintenance - your macerator needs to be serviced once a year to ensure a long life, blocked air filters are often the cause of odor problems.
- Wear and tear - nothing lasts forever! If your pump or motor has burnt out you will need to replace the whole unit.
- Nuisance running - if your toilet valve is leaking or another appliance connected to the unit such as a basin or shower is dripping the unit will eventually fill up (usually just as you're nodding off) and the motor will run. Each run of the motor is one less in its lifespan so don't waste them!
- Blocked pipes - every plumbers worst nightmare, particularly if the pipework rises from the unit and is concealed within walls.
How much will it cost?
This depends on the severity of the problem. Most plumbers will not even come out and look at a Saniflo problem because of the obvious implications - they can be the dirtiest job in plumbing. When a sewer blocks up you can usually clear it with the right equipment from a nice safe distance, when a Saniflo goes you have a technical job to do by hand in among the mess. Our usual rates do not apply when working with macerators although we will gladly call and diagnose possible problems for our usual low rate 24/7. In many cases problems can be resolved without the need for replacement parts, however should things come to the worst, replacement Saniflo units are available from around £290. As a guide the average repair cost is £135.00 including removal of toilet and Saniflo, dismantling, pressure washing, servicing of the blades (removing string, hair and other materials clogging the mechanism) and the cost of any seals and small parts required to get your machine running smoothly once again. We offer a Guaranteed repair or replace service, if we can't repair it we will fit you a new unit supplied from Trust Plumbing with no additional labour charge.
We have invested in the right equipment to help you with your Saniflo problems including professional extraction and pressure washing machines, tools, spares and replacement units so whatever the problem call Nigel on 01723 373519 or 07785 503740 and have your Saniflo or other macerator problem fixed today.
TRUST PLUMBING AND TILING SCARBOROUGH Scalby Road Scarborough YO12 5QL
Telephone: 01723 373519 email: firstname.lastname@example.org Mobile: 07785 503 740
Registered for VAT in the UK No. 183 4861 82 - Trust a company that pays its taxes!
Bathroom design and fitting in Scarborough. Specialising in Wet Rooms in Scarborough and district 24 hours a day 7 days a week. Reliable plumbing, tiling and heating services in the Scarborough area including burst pipes, toilets repaired, new toilets fitted, replacement taps, blocked pipes cleared, blockages cleared, taps repaired, leaky tap repairs, washing machines fitted, central heating systems fitted, wastes cleaned and cleared, central heating systems repaired, walls tiled, floors tiled, gutters fitted, down pipe replacement, lead flashing replaced, renewable energy installer, solar power in sunny scarborough, ground source heat pumps, rainwater harvesting, drainage, garden taps, immersion heaters, water cisterns, loft insulation, part p electrical, sockets fitted, electric showers, kitchen servicing, bathroom servicing, annual inspections, fault finding, free estimates, firm quotes, qualified workmanship, 24 hour service, clear prices, trusted plumber. Plumbing reviews for reliable plumbers in Scarborough, plumbing customer reviews from the Scarborough area. Reliable Bathroom fitters in Scarborough and North Yorkshire, plumbers in Scarborough North Yorkshire.