Project #1 - Chhahari Organization Nepal
Chhahari Organization Nepal is a registered NGO (non-governmental organization) based in Kathmandu, Nepal. Established in August 2007, Chhahari cares for Nepalese village children whose parents have either passed away, disappeared or are too poor to feed and educate them. In a country where there is no social security and the political situation is highly controversial, Chhahari provides a unique opportunity for orphans to be educated at a school and to be loved and cared for in a small, family-like environment. (www.chhahari.org)
Vision – A new children’s home
Chhahari Organization Nepal current children’s home is a rented property located in Kapan, Kathmandu. Constantly increased rental costs and the building’s limited design are two significant obstacles for improvement and expansion of Chhahari’s operations.
- To acquire a piece of land in Kathmandu where a orphanage can be built (alternatively a completed building)
- To create an attractive concept for a new orphanage
- Attracting sponsors with the concept and securing the finances
- To realize the project
The estimated budget for buying land and building a new orphanage is approximately: 450.000 USD (3.5 MSEK).
Project #2 - Sagarmatha Educational Academy
Sagarmatha Educational Academy is a private institute nearby Chhahari in Kathmandu, Nepal that provides about 470 children with education among them the children of Chhahari. (www.sageacademy.edu.np)
Vision – Democratic world citizens
Children and learning is our future. Our vision is to create democratic world citizens with an understanding of the digital society through sustainable learning with the help of digital tools and content in a developing, practical, social, ethical and safe manner.
- We want to develop a school in motion. A school that is part of society, where the student, learning and development are in focus, where learning is real and happens all the time and everywhere.
- We want to develop a school that welcomes students’ natural curiosity and where technology allows for new world-class teaching and engagement.
- We want to develop a school that is in front of the digital development of society and conducts education in the surrounding social, professional and digital networks.
With many years of experience, we want to share our knowledge to everybody in the learning world. Through relevant research, we take action to help schools develop into the future.
Project #3 - Football Tournament for girls in Kathmandu
Vision – Empowering girls' rights and opportunities
Our vision is through football and long-term support and inspiration to give girls improved self-esteem, knowledge about their rights and tools to transform their dreams into goals.
Project #4 - University Education
Vision – Empowering through higher education
Our vision is through higher education empower the former children of Chhahari to conduct studies on issues that are of great importance for them and for the future of Nepal.
Title Sponsor & Partner
- Möller Foundation