Thank you for visiting my webpage! Here is a short bio, I am:
- PhD candidate at PSL - Paris-Dauphine University - Dauphine Research in Management (DRM - UMR CNRS 7088) - Management & Organizations lab. My supervisor is Pr. Eric Brousseau;
- Member of research team of the Governance and Regulation Chair;
- Research Engineer (CIFRE ) for Orange Labs - SENSE lab (Sociology and Economics of Networks and Services). My supervisor is Dr. Kevin Mellet.
As a PhD candidate, I study the online advertising market and, more precisely, the way this market tends to be self-regulated by specific organizations like trade associations, metrics producers and standard-setters. I address these issues through case studies (e.g. ad-blocking, data quality) and pay attention to the practices of the market actors. My theoretical approach is connecting economic sociology and competition dynamics.
Keywords: online advertising, digital advertising, self-regulation, trade associations, standards.
Before starting my PhD in October 2016, I worked for one year in the field of public affairs for a main French renewable energy producer (ENGIE). I graduated from Sciences Po Strasbourg (Master in Economic and Regulatory Law) and I hold a Master of Business, Competition and Regulatory Law (LLM program) from the Freie Universität Berlin and a Master in Digital Economics and Network Industries (IREN) from Paris-Dauphine.
- Society for the Advancement of Socio-Economics 2018 (SASE) - Kyoto (Japan);
- Instiutional and Organizational Economics Academy 2018 (IOEA) - Cargese (Corsica, France);
- Colloque "Marques, Publicité et Création Audiovisuelle" organized by Paris 3 Sorbonne Nouvelle University, IRCAV & IRMECCEN - 8th & 9th february 2018 - Paris (France);
- Instiutional and Organizational Economics Academy 2017 (IOEA) - Cargese (Corsica, France).
Works in progress
- I currently work with Dr. Martin Quinn (Telecom ParisTech) on the measurement of the quality of datasets and data platforms for advertising purposes;
- (EN) Paper "Trade associations as market-shaping entitiers: the case of industrial responses to the ad-blocking phenomenon" (2018, preliminary version / submitted soon);
- (FR) Communication : "Good ads, bad ads. Retour sur la controverse autour du blocage de la publicité en ligne" - Colloque "Marque, Publicité et Création Audiovisuelle" (2018, forthcoming publication);
- (FR) Research paper for Orange on the strategic issues of ad-blocking & blog post (2018).
Teaching - January 2019
Introductory courses in economics for law students - Master in Economic and Regulatory Law (Science-Po Strasbourg):
- Network economics and regulation;
- Digital economics and regulation.