"Life is not what it's supposed to be. It's what it is. The way you cope with it is what makes the difference."
Steven Tierney will work with you to create the change and transformation you want in your life. Together, we can help you live the life you want to live ― healthy, wholehearted and with increased capacity for positive and meaningful relationships.
Steven uses Mindfulness-based, Trauma-informed therapies in partnership with you to examine the issues that are important to you and where change is desired.
Special focus on:
· Addiction and recovery, relapse prevention. Harm reduction services available.
· Working with strong emotions: anger, fear, isolation.
· Helping individual and families recognize suicide risk and respond effectively and compassionately.
· Working with LGBTQ individuals.
· Stress reduction and work-life balance.
Dr. Tierney has more than 30 years of experience teaching graduate students and providing clinical supervision. Steven brings a Mindfulness-based approach to clinical supervision. The process includes determining the areas in which you would like to enhance your clinical skills, develop person of the therapist clarity and skills and methods for evaluating and improving your clinical effectiveness. While Steven brings decades of experience, this work is engaged as full partners.
CONSULTATION AND TRAINING
· Suicide prevention and interventions
· Mindfulness based relapse Prevention
· Mindful eating workshops
· Stress reduction in the workplace
· Conflict resolution
· Employee Assistance Initiatives
· Diversity and Inclusion in the Workplace