circu - flow health and travel wear
Compression Socks Help Prevent DVT for Better Health
What is The Sock?
The Sock is a medically approved aid in prevention of circulation problems.
Recognized by a number of health experts, these elastic compression socks represent one of the most accessible steps towards the reduction of Deep Vein Thrombosis. DVT is a potentially life-threatening disorder in which blood clots form in the deep veins in the body, particularly in the legs. If the clots break loose and travel to the heart or lungs, it can prove to be fatal.
It features a circu-flow design that improves and regulates blood circulation from the legs to the heart.
What is The Sock is used for?
1. Preventive maintenance of Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT)
2. Tired, aching feet and legs
3. Swelling of the feet, legs and ankles
4. To feel more energetic and rejuvenated
Who Should Wear "The Sock"?
- If you have a circulation problem
- If you have a heart condition or are overweight
- If you fly for hours at a time
- If you have extended bed rest
- If you have to sit or stand for long periods of time
- If you are pregnant
How does The Sock Work?
Compression stockings exert maximum pressure at the ankles and gradually reduce that pressure up the length of the stocking. This compression is scientifically designed to force blood from the secondary venous system near the skin into the primary deep vein system. The resulting increased blood flow prevents back-flow and pooling of the blood to the deep veins and stimulates the venous pump valves to achieve proper blood flow to the lungs and heart.
Comfortable pressure is applied at the ankles and gradually relaxes as it reaches the calf. The correct pressure at the precise areas of the leg creates a pumping action to help generate steady blood flow throughout the body.