20 - Four Aging Queens - Queen, Live at Wembley Stadium
Our humble adventurers get to know Queen, a band that they either kind of liked or really loved for a long time, by listening to one of their more iconic live shows.
- In this episode’s Tavern Talk Segment we’re talking about the movie-going experience (00:01:28).
- We then move on to talk about today’s topic - Queen’s Live at Wembley, 1986 (Allmusic) - we start by introducing the live album (00:16:21).
- We discuss how familiar we are with Queen, the band (00:17:13).
- We talk about our favorite live bands and our thoughts about live albums and concerts (00:26:22).
- We segue from talking about our favorite performers to talking about our general thoughts about Queen’s performance on this album (00:30:46).
- While talking about our general thoughts, we went on a tangent in which we talked about the differences between Queen’s history and the story told in Bohemian Rhapsody (IMDB).
- We then talk about Queen’s performance on the album and our favorite songs from the concert (00:37:15).
- We mention bits we didn’t really like too much (00:44:42).
- We talk about the two speeches that took place throughout the concert (00:46:43).
- We bring up a few songs that we were disappointed or surprised to find out that they weren’t on the setlist (00:50:43).
- We talk about the six-songs encore (00:57:31).
- We discuss whether we prefer listening to Queen’s material from the ‘70s or ‘80s (01:01:01).
- We close by summarizing our feelings towards this album (01:04:01).
- We close this episode by previewing the topic of our next episode - Flight of the Conchords (IMDB) (01:07:40).
- Stick around and check out the promo clip of the Controller Disconnected podcast (@condisconnected) (01:11:11).
Queen’s Killer Queen & I’m In Love with My Car - Live performance - YouTube.
Brian May’s Red Special - Book - Goodreads.
The episode was recorded on May 1st, and originally released on May 31st, 2020.
About the Podcast
Join our quest to become more learned in the ways of culture! In each episode, we, the three adventurers, will discuss a movie, an album, a book, or anything we may deem fit as we strive to broaden our horizons and explore new lands! Leave your weapon by the door, pour yourself a martini, don a top hat and enjoy our discussions!
Feel free to contact us about anything.
You can send us Ideas for things we can talk about, send us your thoughts about our recent or upcoming discussion, we might read your message on the podcast. Also, send us recorded segment buffers, we might play them, they don't even have to be top quality.
The list of suggested Quest Objectives - stuff we may talk about in the show. Feel free to email us suggestions!